Stag Saturday - Let's See Some Traditional Stag!

My personal favorite:):thumbsup:
TW5iQcB.jpg

I pretty much always check this thread on Saturdays. Great stuff! Old stag on 5 1/4 closed jack.

lhEkCa5.jpg

Qb9Prb9.jpg

Just about The Definitive piece of Stag and a masterclass in working it to the fullest advantage. Rich bark texture running seamlessly into a small bolster (looks like pinched Rat-Tail?) Bird's Eye rivets enhance the look of the antler, Longpull that runs into the swedge, wonderful Spear that opens straight out with the spring. Plus a Giant of a frame, yet proportional. Very long time since anything of this quality came out of an English factory. This is museum quality.

Thanks, Will

Although not thought of as "Stag" by some, nevertheless elk antlers are stag. Here's my 2018 Blade Forums Buck with Elk Stag covers. The stag on this knife isn't especially knarly but nice none-the-less. My .02¢ anyway.

qo0O5HO.jpg

kxNselw.jpg

It's still ANTLER though Ed so it's more than legit :cool: It's not Bone-Elk :D

joeradza joeradza Many thanks indeed Alan, coming from a connoisseur like you that's very gratifying. Ohta was exceptional to deal with, kept his word 100% no messing about with delayed deliveries, excuses for inaction etc:rolleyes: He sent me pictures of 3 different pairs of slabs to choose from and WIP pictures could be seen on his website. I use the knife a lot, maybe I can persuade him to make me something with Spear blade?:cool:

Back