Stag Saturday - Let's See Some Traditional Stag!

OtkZp3s.jpg

20210410_075946~2.jpgCouple of Queen-made. A Joe Pardue four-blade congress in D2, and a Schatt and Morgan carpenter's whittler wearing elk antler. Pile side of the Schatt and Morgan is nice, as you can see, but the best that can be said of the mark side is that it is also elk. The Queen congress is fantastic in fit and finish and walk and talk - a prime example of the top-quality Queen could produce at their peak.

Last edited:
Yowza, Jeff, that S&M is incredible! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup: Is it a stag locking sowbelly whittler??

This week I'm carrying a couple of knives with stag handles, a Colt canoe and a Rough Rider copperhead (that Jeff was kind enough to sell me once upon a time :thumbsup::)):
stag.canoe.mark.closed.jpg

stagCH.pile.open.jpg

- GT

Is it a stag locking sowbelly whittler??

Sowbelly whittler with long secondaries, but not locking. Nicely matched "groovy" stag, I'd say. A shame about the little chip out of the pile side below the center pin, but really it's not too noticeable. I didn't remember that copperhead having such good stag . . . sell it back to me????? :p

Sowbelly whittler with long secondaries, but not locking. Nicely matched "groovy" stag, I'd say. A shame about the little chip out of the pile side below the center pin, but really it's not too noticeable. I didn't remember that copperhead having such good stag . . . sell it back to me????? :p
Thanks for the info, Jeff. :) I think I actually thought that chip was an "access notch" for a mid-knife lock release bar, but structurally that doesn't make much sense with that pin right there, does it? :rolleyes::oops:

Seriously, if you want that copperhead back, I'd be happy to send it to you, no charge and thanks for letting me enjoy it for a while! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
(But don't expect anything of the sort regarding the two stockman knives or the mini trapper! ;))

- GT

Back