Stailess steel question for Mete or anyone else.

Stacy E. Apelt - Bladesmith

ilmarinen - MODERATOR
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Don't touch that dial....You have entered the outer limits.

To see what happens when real strange physics meets art do a google on "voice of fire project"

I will try to find my old schematics and plans for that project.I believe I still have them in one of my old lab notebooks ( I have nearly 50 years of project notes around here).As I recall,you can use an alcohol lamp burning 199 ethanol for the flame source,but the sound wasn't as good.If I find them I'll post them in a new thread.
Stacy

bladsmth said:
Don't touch that dial....You have entered the outer limits.

To see what happens when real strange physics meets art do a google on "voice of fire project"

I will try to find my old schematics and plans for that project.I believe I still have them in one of my old lab notebooks ( I have nearly 50 years of project notes around here).As I recall,you can use an alcohol lamp burning 199 ethanol for the flame source,but the sound wasn't as good.If I find them I'll post them in a new thread.
Stacy

Sounds cool :) Its an actual application of all the brain hurtin stuff. Beats the hell out of listening to some hippy professor day dream about time travel :jerkit:
There really is alot of interesting stuff to learn when it comes to physics, but I think most folks get turned off by the way it's presented, and the areas that get the most focus.

fitzo

Gold Member
search on "flame speaker", also. it'll find you a reprint of a 1968 article. :)