Stainless steel bolsters

Hey guys,

I am in a bind. I am getting tired of the nickel silver bolsters on my slippies rusting(acutally tarnishing). I would like to find some slippies with stainless steel bolsters. I can deal witht the extra weight. Does any productions company do this, besides the Case-Bose collaborations? Thanks

God bless

The Lone Wolf Loveless City knife has ss bolsters,it is like a slip joint with half stops

I seem to remember an ad for the 300 series of Buck slipppies like the 301 and 303 stockmen having both stainless steel bolsters and pivot pins. I don't know if they still do. I used a 301 stockman from 1967 to about the early '90's as my edc, and it was a darn tough knife. It took alot of very heavy use in both the army engineers and then the machine shop I worked in till I retired. My friend and co-worker used a 303 cadet for about 20 years till his passing, same good results.

But then I've never heard of nickle silver rusting. It may tarnish some, but some Never-Dull should polish it right up.

If your bolsters are rusting, they are not nickel silver. NS will tarnish but will not rust.

For SS bolsters, get a custom. :)

Hey guys,

It was pretty late last night. I said rust when I meant tarnish. The lone wolf is a great idea. I had a mini stock man by Buck a few years back. These days, I doubt that they have ss bolsters. I was think more along the lines of traditional knives with ss bolsters. I know most custom makers use ss bolsters. It's just that I don't have a lot of money right now.

Thanks guys,

The Buck 301 (USA!) still has the ss frame/liners and integral bolsters with full width pivot pins. It's a tough design and well made.:thumbup:ss.

Back