1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Stand off's are there two styles

Discussion in 'Rick Hinderer Knives' started by Birdhunter1220, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Birdhunter1220

Birdhunter1220 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 3, 2011
    Hi, I have two XM-3" and just noticed the stand off's are different. The gap is wider on one knife. They seem to be the same over all size just the gap in the middle. Is one a older stand off?

Thanks,

Bill

2. Varga Knives

Varga Knives KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 12, 2006
    You may have yourself a Fatty there my friend. Are the blades a different thickness?

Standoffs are made in both stainless and Ti.

You may also have standoffs put on by a previous owner which were made for a bigger knife (thicker blade), maybe only bronze or blue.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  3. RubiconSS

RubiconSS

Jan 12, 2011

:eek:

4. Rob Orlando

Rob Orlando

Nov 16, 2009
    There are no fatty 3" models, but the style of standoffs have were tweaked a bit between the first couple of batches.

5. atony

atony Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Lets see some pics Bill!!!!!

6. Birdhunter1220

Aug 3, 2011
    I am leaving on a trip today will not be back until next Monday. Hope to figure the picture thing out. Have loaded lots of pics but not on here. I will get it figured out.

7. Birdhunter1220

Aug 3, 2011
    Thanks Rob for you help. One must be older than the other.

8. Varga Knives

Varga Knives KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 12, 2006
    Since I gave bad info I deserve a slap on the wrist. I think an appropriate punishment would be having to test out a Fatty 3" prototype and writing a review.

9. Birdhunter1220

Aug 3, 2011
    Be easy on yourself!!!