1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Standard or deep carry clip on Mini Griptilian?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by HeadedToTexas, Aug 16, 2015.

1. HeadedToTexas

HeadedToTexas

May 1, 2015
    Hard to beat the standard clip, but I'm intrigued by a deep carry style clip. Being a shorter grip in the hand, does the "bend" at the top of a deep carry clip bind on the hand when holding the knife? Guess for $20 I should just try one, but I'd appreciate your thoughts.

2. McBokerson

McBokerson

Aug 3, 2013
    $20 dollars? I was in the same boat as you a while ago. I just emailed Benchmade asking for a deep carry clip because I wanted to try one out. They basically said "Okay!" and shipped it to me the next day.

3. TravisH

TravisH Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 22, 2014
    Yeah, it's purely a personal choice. For my MiniGrip, both clips fit well.

No need to pay for one. Just call BM CS (800-800-7427) and they'll send you 1 for FREE. Don't forget the screws.

Just ask nicely and be sure to thank them.

4. JAB

JAB

Dec 13, 2005
    To me deep carry clips seem to make much more sense on knives carried tip-down.

I had a 556 and, while it seemed to ride maybe a little high, it felt right when drawing the knife. I think deep carry would make the draw a little more problematic than it needs to be. YMMV though and, heck, it's cheap enough that's it's probably worth a try (that, and it shouldn't be too much of a hardship to recoup your investment if you don't care for it).

5. NaturalMystic

NaturalMystic

May 24, 2006
    I contacted BM and asked for low rider clips for both of my MiniGrips and love them. I don't like the butt of my folders extending out of my pockets and usually don't carry any folders that do stick out.

https://flic.kr/p/tQRESi

6. williamisthe1

williamisthe1

Apr 11, 2015
    I emailed Benchmade and got the split arrow clip for free in a couple weeks.

7. Stephen Tolar

Stephen Tolar Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 17, 2005
    I don't enjoy the Benchmade deep carry clip on the mini. Puts the bend right in the meat of my palm when using. I'll stick to the regular or split arrow style.

8. aquaman67

aquaman67

Jan 27, 2012
    I love the deep carry clip on my mini Barrage. The knife rides much better.

[​IMG]