1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Spyderco C230GPPBK Lil Native Black Blade & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Nov 16!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Nov 17 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Esav Benyamin has passed. Please pay your respects here

Stang Bladeworks Framelock Info

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by Stang Bladeworks, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Stang Bladeworks

Stang Bladeworks KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 19, 2018
    2 more in the works.
    20191027_144845.jpg

AVigil likes this.
  2. john april

john april KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 27, 2006
    lookin good man !

Stang Bladeworks likes this.
  3. Stang Bladeworks

Stang Bladeworks KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 19, 2018
    Thanks.

4. Stang Bladeworks

Feb 19, 2018
    Just listed one in the for sale area. I added internal milling and contoured more aggressively. I changed the lockbar relief to the external side of the scale. I was able to get the weight down to 5.1oz. If anyone has any feedback based on this latest version i would appreciate it, thanks.
    20191108_174304.jpg

Natlek likes this.
  5. Stang Bladeworks

Feb 19, 2018
    Just sold another one. I am very happy with how these are turning out. Both of the ones sold so far have weight reduction pockets milled into the show side as well as more agressive contouring. The lockbar relief is now external to facilitate the contouring and they have detent ramps to make closing easier. If you have any input please chime in.
    20191110_201024.jpg 20191110_201102.jpg

6. Stang Bladeworks

Feb 19, 2018
    Also im not sure if anyone cares but i have switched to freehand grinding these. I have found that I am getting better results that way. I may switch back and forth but these have been done freehand.