1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 21 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Megatherium!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives Megatherium, Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, May 25; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Stanley Fubar Gets Kydex & Goes to Joplin.

Discussion in 'Newberry Knives' started by Allen Newberry, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Allen Newberry

Allen Newberry

Jan 10, 2007
    [​IMG]

Last week I signed up to go to Joplin with my church to spend a day helping with a little clean up and demo. So, I figured I had better pick up one of those Stanley FUBAR's that I had been wanting for a while. After I picked it up and carried it a bit I decided that it was going to need something to help me carry it. That's when I decided to make a little sheath for it with Kydex.

[​IMG]

One of the thing that we did there was tear down a house that was damaged by the tornado. And the FUBAR worked pretty good. Some things a full time crow bar or sledge hammer would probably have done a little quicker. However, it is easier to carry this than both a hammer and a bar. Plus, some things it did better. Such as grabbing onto boards or busting through plaster and lath.

[​IMG]

Here is part of the group carrying off a section of the floor.

2. mykel m

mykel m Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Good job Allen!

3. Allen Newberry

Allen Newberry

Jan 10, 2007
    It was fun and I got an excuse for a new tool. Plus, I was glad to get a chance to help out. The damage was insane and there is a lot left to be done.

4. chavez556

chavez556

Jan 10, 2011
    This is bad ass!!