Starting a BK-2 Project

Guyon

Biscuit Whisperer
Super Mod
Here's how I get under way...

P1010672.jpg

Yep, that's right. I buy a sheath. :D :p

Right now, I'm in possession of a BK-2 sheath with no Gen 2 BK-2 to put in it.
And I just ordered a leather machete sheath, and I've got no ESEE Lite Machete for it (though that's more a vendor's fault than my own).
It's sort of the "Build it and they will come" philosophy of knife acquisition. :D

Anybody else buy sheaths, ammo, holsters, etc. without the appropriate knife or gun?

Anybody else buy sheaths, ammo, holsters, etc. without the appropriate knife or gun?

Oh, gawd, I busted something laffin at that. You should put it on your belt and wear it around and when people ask, tell them you keep hoping someone will drop a knife in there when you're not looking.:D

No, I impulse buy too often, and tend to have multiples of sheath for each knife. Downside to being a sheath maker I guess. Usually, I have the original sheath the knife come with, then, an aftermarket that I thought would work, but won't, then, a couple of builds I done until I got the right mix going on.

Nice pic. Wish I had one of those.:foot::D:thumbup:

Moose

Nice pic. Wish I had one of those.:foot::D:thumbup:

They're nice. :thumbup: The pocket isn't quite as stretchy as I'd thought, but they will hold more than a Combat Master. Triple retention on the pocket what with the zipper, cross strap, and buckle.
Basically it waves open and triple locks. Great sheath all around. You should really try to find one of these. :p

Oh, gawd, I busted something laffin at that. You should put it on your belt and wear it around and when people ask, tell them you keep hoping someone will drop a knife in there when you're not looking.:D

I'm going to wear mine to baseball practice in a little while. Maybe a knife-wielding Little League parent will arm me while I'm not looking.

They're nice. :thumbup: The pocket isn't quite as stretchy as I'd thought, but they will hold more than a Combat Master. Triple retention on the pocket with the zipper, cross strap, and buckle.
Basically it waves open and triple locks. :p
Great sheath all around. You should really try to find one of these.

I'm going to wear mine to baseball practice in a little while. Maybe a knife-wielding Little League parent will arm me while I'm not looking.

What your knees. I hear them line drives from mini people can get rough. How was the Martini? My tea sucked, and sucked hard. Never buy Burnett's if you can help it.

Moose

Martini was good. I haven't had one in a long while, and the blue-cheese-stuffed olives rocked it out.
Knee is fine today. My fault entirely. I was trying to watch his swing mechanics and took my eye off the ball.

Good cheap potato vodka... http://www.vikingfjord.com/ I pay $20 for a 1.75L bottle.
Even gets good reviews from vodka snobs... http://www.russianlife.com/vodka/custrev2.cfm?Vodka=232

Oh, I've had Vikingfjord. Alot of VF actually. I knew I should have bought it last night, but I was feeling adventurous. Won't do that again. Wish the wife drank Jack, then, my problems would be over.

Moose

They're nice. :thumbup: The pocket isn't quite as stretchy as I'd thought, but they will hold more than a Combat Master. Triple retention on the pocket what with the zipper, cross strap, and buckle.
Basically it waves open and triple locks. Great sheath all around. You should really try to find one of these. :p

:D:D You're killin me!!

Actually I have a drawer full of unused sheaths. Got tired of scoring a Busse without a sheath so I kind of over did it on the spec ops sheaths. Oh well worked out in a few ways.

I picked up a couple of sheaths from Semper Paratus Tactical, good quality and made in America!!

I don't have sheaths for knives I don't own, but I do have 40 and 30-30 that does not match any guns. Finally bought a 223 to go with my shells.

I also have some random shot shells - 16ga, 28ga - that match nothing I own. I just know I'll have them at some point.

Had a good line on a Glock 22 for $350 last week, but won't happen until April. Guess I'll keep buying 40 ammo until then...

I just ordered 4 ruger 10/22 mags, I already have 5 stock and 2 tactical inovations mags.

So why did I order 4 more????

I have no answer for this......

I bought a leather sheath before the Lite Machete and some other sheaths before their respective knives arrived as well.

It's an older version called the Survival sheath. Discontinued, but recently located thanks to a fellow BFC member. :thumbup:

Oh, and FWIW, I also have a Spec Ops Combat Master for a Ritter/Becker Perseverance. And no Ritter/Becker Perseverance. :p :D

P1010672.jpg

Right now, I'm in possession of a BK-2 sheath with no Gen 2 BK-2 to put in it.

You could just give the sheath to me. haha Just kidding. I have not done this, mainly because I usually don't get aftermarket sheaths. The original sheath is usually good enough.

Yes...Me too...I have some sheaths, holsters...that i don´t give use for months... Finally i use it for other knives.
Spec Ops it´s a great sheath. Best cordura sheath i have seen

I bought an iPhone holster 6 months before I got the iPhone itself . Does this count ?

Absolutely. :D
I had 8mm ammo about 6 months before I finally bought a Mauser.

It's an older version called the Survival sheath. Discontinued, but recently located thanks to a fellow BFC member. :thumbup:

Oh, and FWIW, I also have a Spec Ops Combat Master for a Ritter/Becker Perseverance. And no Ritter/Becker Perseverance. :p :D

hook another BFC member up with this secret stash of sheaths.

what are your initial thoughts/feelings on the survival sheath as opposed to the combat master

There were just a couple left in a shop, and both were sold even before they were purchased.
The only difference is the pouch. The Survival has a slightly stretchier pouch, and instead of a velcro fastener, it has a zipper, cross strap, and a buckle.

i upgraded the charging handle on my ar-15 once...couldn't bring myself to throw that spare part away so it turned into another ar-15 build a few months later.

Back