State of the art housefly eradication technology

IMG_20210411_184158667_HDR.jpg

Bronco Bronco No shame in admitting, thx for the feedback! I'll have to find more reviews of the 3.0, like comparison reviews. I'd still be interested but there's only few days per year when i get to shoot flies outside. That doesn't warrant having another bugasalt in the household.
Honestly, if you have the 2.0 in good working order, I don’t see a reason to upgrade at this time.

RIVAL MXX-1200, interesting! :cool: 💪

Today a young😊 fly landed on a wet tissue on my window sill, so i shot it from 1 feet distance, while it was on the tissue. It is instructive to see that the fly shatters in so many parts one would normally not see:
img_20210712_101515mdj4w.jpg
Reusable ammo . :thumbsup:

My High Technology Solution:

iKg1Q9T.jpg

O4ildjC.jpg

IFrehIE.jpg

zlI044Y.jpg

Review:

Pros:
Attractive.
Easy to use.
Inexpensive.
Effective.

Cons:
Changing the battery is difficult because of the SuperGlue.
Velocity varies depending on the user.
Requires cleaning the "head" after 6 to 8 flies.

You can be the envy of your neighborhood.

Contact me for detailed drawings and further specifications.

Ed (The Devil Makes Me Do It)

My High Technology Solution:

iKg1Q9T.jpg

O4ildjC.jpg

IFrehIE.jpg

zlI044Y.jpg

Review:

Pros:
Attractive.
Easy to use.
Inexpensive.
Effective.

Cons:
Changing the battery is difficult because of the SuperGlue.
Velocity varies depending on the user.
Requires cleaning the "head" after 6 to 8 flies.

You can be the envy of your neighborhood.

Contact me for detailed drawings and further specifications.

Ed (The Devil Makes Me Do It)
But what does the battery do ? :rolleyes:

I have the 2.0 and love it. The same company also makes a CO2 powered salt pistol for larger critters. I have tested it successfully on scorpions and huge desert beetles, but I do not know whether one shot was sufficient, because I gave each critter 4 blasts, for good measure. I'll try single shots on insects that I find less creepy.

I have the 2.0 and love it. The same company also makes a CO2 powered salt pistol for larger critters. I have tested it successfully on scorpions and huge desert beetles, but I do not know whether one shot was sufficient, because I gave each critter 4 blasts, for good measure. I'll try single shots on insects that I find less creepy.
That pistol they offer is actually a modified Crosman vigilante air pistol ( the vigilante being a modernized version of the model 357 that has been around for about 40 years or so )
But the cylinders are not cross compatible.

geman national TV did an episode featuring the 2.0 on their popular show Prosieben Galileo (every geman citizen knows\appreciates this edutainment show), very cool:

currently the best source for EU shoppers could be amazon.co.uk, like 50gbp shipped mas dhl fees and 20% tax.

bugasalt.de url looks phishy meanwhile.

i could sell my 2.0, then i'd have legit interest in buying the 3.0. btw most of the flies, mosquitoes, food moths inside the house, i zap them with the electric swatter. the other day i zapped my finger by accident, that was no joke of a pain!

Reading through some of the things people have used...

I've found that a spray bottle filled with ordinary water works well. It's 100% safe and completely harmless. When the fly gets wet, it can't fly so it will drop to the ground or stay where it is and be unable to take off again until it dries. You can use this opportunity to either kill or capture it with relative ease. It's great if you don't mind getting water everywhere...

When I was a kid we used a can of hairspray with a lighter to make a flame thrower and burn the flies in mid-air. Super dangerous. Lots of things can go wrong. The can or lighter could explode in your hand, or so we were told. Don't be dumb like we were. We are lucky nothing bad happened.

I love my Bug-A-Salt. Don't know which version it is though. My son bought it for me a while back.

I think this is a cooler more classic option.
Those were fun when I was a kid but I always ended up drinking out of them with the barrel in my mouth. 🔫 I think it would be difficult to hit a fly with one. The main benefit of the spray bottle is the nice wide spread you can get by adjusting the nozzle.

Those were fun when I was a kid but I always ended up drinking out of them with the barrel in my mouth. 🔫 I think it would be difficult to hit a fly with one. The main benefit of the spray bottle is the nice wide spread you can get by adjusting the nozzle.
Maybe modify the squirt gun by adding an adjustable nozzle from a spray bottle, or maybe get one of those vintage Larami battery powered automatic uzi water guns.

Back