Status of 130T?

Greetings all. Is the model 130T still in production? It sports a full tang 3.75" drop point and has brass bolsters and its delrin scales are held onto the blade with 2 pins/ bolts. What is its retail value or current market value?

L8r,
Nakano

------------------
"To earn a million is easy, a real friend is not."

[This message has been edited by Nakano 2 (edited 11-06-2000).]

The 13OT was discontinued many, many years ago. Current value is difficult to estimate because overall demand is immeasurable. I would guess its value is the last suggested retail price ($35.00 1980/81)plus 20-25%.

------------------
Tim Faust
Product Manager
www.schradeknives.com

Thanks for the info Tim. Only about $35 + 20- 25%?
frown.gif
Is there any chance that the factory would have a spare original sheath available? I have a 130T in mint condition. Any leads would be appreciated.

Was there a stainless version made? With "Schrade +" steel?

L8r,
Nakano

We've rummaged through some old boxes in our factory's nooks and crannies, and cannot find the 13OT sheath. As far as I know, there was never a stainless version in our regular line.

------------------
Tim Faust
Product Manager
www.schradeknives.com

Negative Ed. But here' s a link to a photo of a J.N. Cooper blade that appears very close to the Schrade in terms of outline and shape.
www.bladeforums.com/ubb/Forum36/HTML/000078.html

There is no deep choil in the ricasso area as the Nelson, but a slightly more pronounced one hehind its brass bolster. The Schrades handle flair is a bit more pronounced as well. It' s grind line is also a bit lower. The delrin scales are secured with what appears to be 2 "Loveless" type bolts. Could be wrong though.

L8r,
Nakano

That' s the one Jimbo. Thanks for posting the pic. My model has a slightly larger bolster and a wider blade section towards the tip. But since they were all handemade/ finished, specs do vary. As for the sheath, much appreciated if you are successfull. Thanks again.

L8r,
Nakano

Hi:

I was in at my buddy's in the next town after meetings there yesterday. No luck on finding his original sheath however.
If we can find one we'll let you know - there's still a chance as with old fogies like us, sometimes memory of where we packed stuff away takes a while...

I think your best bet would be to find a piece of heavy vetetable tanned leather and make one like mine. It's pretty easy to mold the leather around the knife so that it fits into the sheath solidly with no straps needed. Even my piece of junk sheath has proven great - the one I made my buddy is the same only better looking.
The 130 is a natural for a high riding sheath and fits very solidly because of the handle shape.

Back