Stay hydrated ............

David Brown

Kydex Sheath and Holster Artist :)
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Because kidney stones suck.

woke up this am with a pain in my side and would not go away.

feels like I ripped my side up doing something but no amount of moving made it better.

Fast forward (well not really seemed like an eternity) to 3 pm and I went to urgent care.

Yep blood in urine and I have kidney stones.

hope to pass them in a couple days.

Stay hydrated my friends (and diet coke is not hydration ;) )

MacLaren1

Gold Member
David man, I am truly sorry to hear this.
I'll be praying for ya. I hope relief comes quickly my friend.

Murman

Gold Member
Because kidney stones suck.

woke up this am with a pain in my side and would not go away.

feels like I ripped my side up doing something but no amount of moving made it better.

Fast forward (well not really seemed like an eternity) to 3 pm and I went to urgent care.

Yep blood in urine and I have kidney stones.

hope to pass them in a couple days.

Stay hydrated my friends (and diet coke is not hydration ;) )

I seriously doubt any hogs lack fo something to drink...

PeteyTwoPointOne

Platinum Member
Dave, about 4 yrs ago I got a 9mm stone hung in the tube <ureter, not urethra> between my kidney & my bladder...no way I was gonna pass that one.

The hydraulic force of my left kidney had gotten it jammed up real good. The back pressure on the kidney made it look like a big head of cauliflower on the mri.o_O

Doc had to go after it with a laser to blast it into smithereens. Sounds extreme, but it worked for me like a charm, ymmv.

Maybe you'll get "lucky":rolleyes: and pass yours "naturally." Good luck with that...PM me if you wanna talk.

Last edited:
I feel your pain, David. I passed my first one two weeks ago. I actually uttered the words, "God, if I'm going to die anyway, let's just get it over with."

Yes, hydration, especially at night. I'm supposed to drink 8oz of water every 2 - 3 hours each night.

Dave, about 4 yrs ago I got a 9mm stone hung in the tube <ureter, not urethra> between my kidney & my bladder...no way I was gonna pass that one.

Doc had to go after it with a laser to blast it into smithereens. Sounds extreme, but it worked for me like a charm, ymmv.

This. I had mine zapped a few years ago. Depending on the composition of the stone, you will almost certainly have to make changes in your diet. Mine was Calcium Oxalate, so I had to cut out foods high in oxalic acid. Latest research shows that caffeine is not an issue.

Great info here: https://kidneystones.uchicago.edu/

Ouch!!!!!!....
Get well soon, buddy!

Had kidney stones, several years back. I had friends who had altered their vacation so that they could have me over, they were waiting on me. They were in Asheville, N.C. I was leaving from Montreal, Canada .

Long story short. I got the stones the day before leaving . The doc told me that I’d better not leave until the stones had passed. I overheard an older doc say that BEER was great at helping stones...hummm..... pass along. I drank a mega large can of beer. Much pain later, and at 04:00 , 2 small stones came out. By 06:00 , I was sitting on my bike. 19 hours later, I had made it to Asheville. Both of my friends are in the medical profession, for some reason they called me a crazy Kanuck....I hate to make people wait;)