1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Steel used in Victorinox Knives?

Discussion in 'Multi-tools & Multi-purpose Knives' started by ikiddp9, Mar 15, 2008.

1. ikiddp9

ikiddp9

Mar 15, 2008
    Hi: I´m new here, I´m learning a lot from all you. I own a Victorinox Camper ( http://www.swissarmy.com/MultiTools/Pages/Product.aspx?category=outdoor&product=53301& ) and it has served me well. I would like to know what kind of steel is this knife made of? Also if they use differnt types of steel in their differents models. I try to find some info in their website to no avail. Thanks

2. mp510

mp510

Mar 20, 2006
  3. ikiddp9

ikiddp9

Mar 15, 2008
    Thanks mp510

4. superduty truck

superduty truck

Mar 25, 2007
    yes it call INOX which means stainless in which language...I can not remember but someone can added to this.

5. user24

user24

Nov 10, 2006
    probably swiss? :D

6. Cantley

Cantley

Aug 29, 2006
    I didn't know that swiss was a language ;). It may apply for several languages but in French (1 of the 4 official languages of Switzerland), Inoxidable is the word for stainless. I know it's the same word in spanish, so it's probably close in Italian and Romanch, two other official swiss languages. I have no idea about german though...

Guy

7. superduty truck

superduty truck

Mar 25, 2007