steels used for Bucks knives

The Special, Vanguard, Gig Sky....
What steels are used on these knives?
I thought Buck used 420HC on all their knives, unless specified differenty, that is. Buth then, on Bucks web pages I see that some other knives ARE specified as 420HC.
The only way I´ve encountered to find out is to browse throu some other online retail store and see if they say something other that "stainless", but this is so time-consuming....
Why the h... doesn´t Buck specify them on their own pages!!!???
The regular Vanguard´s steel isn´t good enough to say what it is?

...regards,
Ricardo

I hope nobody get offended if my tone of writting sounds strong.
I guess that if you are on this forum is because you admire Buck´s work but...
I´m not complaining about their knives (I´m an admirer too), I´m complaining about their web-site.

Ricardo

The standard Buck steel is 420HC
some knives will have other steels, but this is either a specific version- like the Buck/Strider or a special run like the buck lightning that was done in ATS-34 and in BG-42.

Then to make it more interesting, you can special order a buck 110 with just about any steel that you can think of.

Ricardo,
Sorry for the confusion. If a Buck knife does not specify that it is damascus, or ATS-34, or BG-42, ect, then it is 420HC. I took a look at the catalogue and it is somewhat confusing. Sometimes it says that the knife is 420hc, sometimes it only gives dimensions. I will mention this to our marketing department and see if we can have a more standard description used.

Take care,

Back