1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 39 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Cold Steel Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Cold Steel Knives Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Merch Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Sept 28 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Stepping it up a notch or two: Harpoon belt knife w/ tapered tang

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by daizee, Jul 3, 2019.

1. daizee

daizee KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 30, 2009
  2. Matthew Gregory

Matthew Gregory Chief Executive in charge of Entertainment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 12, 2005
    As a rule, I usually have no love for ‘harpoon’ tips, but it works well, here. Great handle material!!! Holy cow is that green!:thumbsup:

Dawkind and daizee like this.
  3. brownshoe

brownshoe I support this site with my MIND

Sep 6, 2002
    Looks nice! Good color. The handle material is similar to some celluloid handles on an old double-bladed auto I have.

4. john april

john april KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 27, 2006
    well made ! :thumbsup:

Dawkind likes this.
  5. daizee

daizee KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 30, 2009
    Thanks, guys.

Yeah, I can't figure out the purpose of the so-called harpoon profile, but they sure do look purty to me. I've been practicing them for a purpose, which maybe one day will be finished and posted here. It's been 6 years, so don't hold your breath.

The handle is REALLY that green! It's nuts. Material was gifted to me by a botanist, so you know - she likes green. :)

Dawkind and J. Doyle like this.
  6. Kailash Blades

Kailash Blades KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 21, 2015
    Very classy little harpoon profile! sometimes they can get a bit overboard and dominate the look of the knife, but this is really nicely balanced