Stepping it up a notch or two: Harpoon belt knife w/ tapered tang

daizee

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
It's been awhile since I posted an actual knife picture here. This is just off the bench: my first tapered tang and a fancy piece of material stuck to it. Thank y'all at BLADE for the ongoing inspiration. More pix in the gallery sub-forum:

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/harpoon-belt-knife-in-aeb-l-and-black-ash-burl.1671093/

IMG_20190703_162449-small.jpg

As a rule, I usually have no love for ‘harpoon’ tips, but it works well, here. Great handle material!!! Holy cow is that green!:thumbsup:

Looks nice! Good color. The handle material is similar to some celluloid handles on an old double-bladed auto I have.

Thanks, guys.

Yeah, I can't figure out the purpose of the so-called harpoon profile, but they sure do look purty to me. I've been practicing them for a purpose, which maybe one day will be finished and posted here. It's been 6 years, so don't hold your breath.

The handle is REALLY that green! It's nuts. Material was gifted to me by a botanist, so you know - she likes green. :)

Very classy little harpoon profile! sometimes they can get a bit overboard and dominate the look of the knife, but this is really nicely balanced

Back