• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Mixed Stick06, JLVL and a PM2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd absolutely welcome their communication, but, I'm not going out of my way anymore to discuss this with them as they've proven at least to me it'd be a waste of time. They completed their sale, I simply felt like it'd be good for other members to be informed about how it happened. Nothing more nothing less.

As previously mentioned I sent each member a polite message and they stopped responding. Hardly poor form to waste time communicating with individuals unwilling to communicate.

You brought this to the public forum, it's just good practice to tag them in your first post. You put their 'names' in the title of the thread (basically bashing them) and then not telling them about it. If they didn't have you on ignore before, they prob. do now. I see this thread going a little different than you thought...

Nope. Buyer is acting like an entitled child. This has nothing to do with "honesty, courtesy and honor." This thread (and the BS the OP posted in the sales thread) is all about the OP pouting because they didn't get what they want.

The seller and buyer struck a deal. The OP needs to get over it.

FWIW, I think this thread says A LOT more about the OPs character than it does about the buyer, seller or this situation.

Cheers!

Nope. Buyer is acting like an entitled child. This has nothing to do with "honesty, courtesy and honor." This thread (and the BS the OP posted in the sales thread) is all about the OP pouting because they didn't get what they want.

FWIW, I think this thread says A LOT more about the OPs character than it does about the buyer, seller or this situation.

Cheers!

Thank you for the input. I of course think you're opinion is wrong. This actually does have to do with the honor system. As most members can glean trust is based on honoring our words which is fundamentally why Blade Forums is such solid and safe place to do business. If we cannot take each other at our words trust begins to erode, if trust erodes membership will drop, if membership drops there will be less knifes for sale/trade/buy, etc, etc, etc. It might say more than some people cannot grasp these obvious points. But again, thank you for the input :)

I appreciate your input but feel it's absolutely wrong.

No, he is not wrong.
They didnt respond privately to you. I have no idea why but that is their prerogative .

If you had only given details about the situation and left out their names and thread thatd be one thing. Once you name the other party it is proper form to inform them so we can hear all sides.

Not saying this is the case here but there have been threads where the OP painted a picture and when the other party came around it was clear that the OP was actually in the wrong. Again, not saying this is the case just illustrating the importance to give every side a voice.

Thank your for your input but I disagree with your opinion and think it's wrong. After receiving no response from JLVL after sending 2 polite messages I feel no need to waste my time contacting him as it's already proven to be an exercise in futility. And, after Stick06 stopped communication with me I don't feel I've any onus to contact him either. Anyway, I've said my piece, if they want to chime in they're welcome to :)

My opinion is that the seller was trying to be a good forum member. Judging from the reaction to the sale this was a very low price for the knife(compared to what others have asked), and I would think he is a bit surprised to have landed with negative reaction to his generosity. If he had asked more no one would be fighting over this :)
It was also his 1st sale

Last edited:
You do see the irony in complaining about a lack of courtesy of others and then disagreeing and dismissing your own (slight and unintentional) lack of courtesy, right?

A moot point now as they've been tagged by the peanut gallery but know that you're more thank likely alone in the camp that thinks you don't owe them any notification that you're blasting their business, regardless of what transpired privately.

Good luck in your search for a PM2!

Last edited:

Cheers!

I was a lot more sympathetic to the OP at first, but after seeing his posts in the sales thread, his previous posts in GBU, and his posts in here I'm inclined to see your point of view here.

Cheers!

I agree with what's said in this post. People like P Peter Hartwig and Lone_Wolfe Lone_Wolfe are the nicest folks on this forum but OP - please do not mistakenly think the majority are in agreement to what you did and are still doing. You and the other guy posted at about the same time. The knife was sold to the other person. Just move on. No need to create a thread in GBU targeting both of them AFTER you already vented in the sales thread (which was inappropriate regardless) and via PMs to them. It would be great if they responded to you but they are not obligated to do so.

Plus, words are that there will be another run of M390 red g10 PM2 by DLT, at even a lower price.

Wow, what an entitled OP :eek: This is why I worry about selling on the site, I understand that a mod said to take it here if you have issues but it is just a knife so let it go because you are digging deeper with every post.

I made a mistake in a sales post not too long ago and would have cancelled the deal except for I had already sent the buyer my PP address so that meant that I agreed to the sale. Maybe the seller did the same thing and accidentally sent it to the wrong buyer then pretty much had to go through with the sale once the funds were received.

Last edited:
"please do not mistakenly think the majority are in agreement to what you did and are still doing."

Please do not mistakenly think you speak for the majority of BF members, some people seem to be in agreement, some aren't. Further, a mod suggested a thread be started in GBU, I took his suggestion. If you have an issue with it, by all means please take it up with the mod that suggested it. Never said they were obligated to respond either, not sure how you came to that conclusion, it would have been the curious thing to do.

Thanks for the input however much I disagree with it :)

The whole point of the forum is to be part of an exclusive community based on the common love of knives. Which comes with this is communication and working with each other. Paid members pay in hopes of weeding out how this buyer handled this deal.....We could be on free facebook or free ebay (markup pricing is becoming the same on BF), but we want to support this forum and hope in return honorable exchanges we feel good about. He is simply putting it out there so this does not slowly blow up into a trend, of sellers rules in sales threads mean nothing.....

Wow, what an entitled OP :eek: This is why I worry about selling on the site, I understand that a mod said to take it here if you have issues but it is just a knife so let it go because you are digging deeper with every post.

I made a mistake in a sales post not too long ago and would have cancelled the deal except for I had already sent the buyer my PP address so that meant that I agreed to the sale. Maybe the seller did the same thing and accidentally sent it to the wrong buyer then pretty much had to go through with the sale once the funds were received.

Thank you for your input, there's no entitlement going on here, merely reporting what happened in the forum suggested by a mod. If you worry about selling on this site because people share information about sales thread I'd be happy to recommend a few other knife forums where communication isn't as good. Just let me know, would be glad to help you out.

Let me share my case here if you wanna listen:
I bought a high-tag knife back in 2017, the seller didn't post any images but promise to upload later(actually he never did because I paid him before he was able to) There was a person was interested but need to see those images first. However, I posted after him and take the knife unconditionally then this very person went mad and sent me a message calling me "low move".
That is the point when I start to appreciate sellers who sell their knives to me as well as those buyers who take my safe queens.
:)

I was a lot more sympathetic to the OP at first, but after seeing his posts in the sales thread, his previous posts in GBU, and his posts in here I'm inclined to see your point of view here.

I tried to not post ... honestly thought you and a couple kind members had explained sufficiantly ... but I attempted to pre-empt it continuing into June ... but ahhhh ... H-E- to the double L" nah ... haters gonna hate ...

but for what purpose I still haven't figured out ... oh right can't get comfy sitting down all butt-hurt and such ...

I can't believe I still read more ... but can say my ignore list grew just slightly larger (just like that ol Grinch's heart ... bless him)

"He is simply putting it out there so this does not slowly blow up into a trend, of sellers rules in sales threads mean nothing....."

^ This, is 100% correct, thank you for understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back