Sticky: George Tichbourne Knives

George Tichbourne Knives is a family owned and operated business. George is the creative knifemaker artisan and I (Carol) look after all the other facets of the business.

We have been in the knifemaking business for over 19 years and opened up our own Knife & Gift Store four years ago.

Our website has been active since 1999 and has grown considerably since it's inception. http://www.tichbourneknives.com More growth is scheduled for the future.

George's knives are our main product base, how we endeavour to make our living. Restorations of other people's valued treasures are also part of services offered. Customers close enough to pop into our store take advantage of our sharpening services for knives as well as lawnmowers and garden tools :)

Our Mission is to ensure that dealing with us is a positive experience and one that you will want to repeat. Many of our customer have become extended family. We've had the priviledge of meeting a great many wonderful people through George's knifemaking.

Jacqui, Lucas and I wish you guys all the Best!

Keep up the good work.

Craig

I have to vouch for George's mastery of polishing and refurbishing (not that he needs it!). I brought a not so old, not so valuable hunting knife my grandfather had owned. It was a little pitted, someone had tried to Scotbrite the blade or something and it had about zero edge. A few minutes with George and it's like new, mirror polished and sharp. I "took a chance" and popped it, but left with my old knife and a new one from George. He is the man!

I agree with RLR George's mirror finish is out of this world. I brought in a Spyderco Ayoob which was just so tired. George gave it new life and I will post pics soon of the transformation.

aj

Last edited:
I agree with RLR George's satin finish is out of this world. I brought in a Spyderco Ayoob which was just so tired. George gave it new life and I will post pics soon of the transformation.

aj

Thanks AJ, a while ago a youngster came in with his Grandmother. Fathers Day was coming up and he had his Grandfathers knife (long since passed) and he wondered it George could do anything with it so that he could present it to his Dad for Fathers Day. Well, the transformation was remarkable even Gramma didn't recognize her husbands favourite knife.

It's amazing what a little loving care will do for a tired treasure :)

Carol

Thanks AJ, a while ago a youngster came in with his Grandmother. Fathers Day was coming up and he had his Grandfathers knife (long since passed) and he wondered it George could do anything with it so that he could present it to his Dad for Fathers Day. Well, the transformation was remarkable even Gramma didn't recognize her husbands favourite knife.

It's amazing what a little loving care will do for a tired treasure :)

Carol

I think many people are able to tell a knife of George's by just looking at the mirror finish if their was no makers mark present.

aj

Last edited:
I just received My Riverboat Gambler Bowie and I Love it..The craftmanship is simply superb I would to post some pics.

I own several Tichbourne knives and George has touched up other knives for me, first rate work.

Anyone who has visited us over the years has come in contact with one of our four legged companions. There has been "Shadow" an old boy we rescused. "Shadow 11" another older fellow rescued. "Shadow 111" he was a pup with issues so we gave him to our vet. "Maggie" a beautiful Silver Sable, a rare example of poetry in motion who sadly met her untimely demise last October. Now we have our "Bella" who true to her name is truly beautiful in mind and spirit. She's easy on the eyes too :)

bellaforum.jpg

Walmart has retired folks greeting you as you enter, we have "Bella" a pup full of joy and love just waiting for you to scratch her behind the ears.

Last edited:
THis coming Saturday, October 17th, will be George's first show in several years.

We will be exhibiting at the Open Guild Show. George is quite excited about the thought of being at a show again after such a long time.

He will be there on Saturday only as Friday night he is going to have to rest up since his accident has still left him without alot of endurance.

If you want to see him, get to the show early because as soon as he starts to fade I will be dragging him kicking and screaming home so he can rest :):)

Look forward to seeing all of you at the show.;)

George had a great time at the show. It was fun to re-connect with other makers and visit with customers he hadn't seen in a while.

We were not prepared for the show, the decision was made quickly and we didn't have much stock but we went anyway.

We're doing alot at the shop these days to enhance the improvements and changes that were made before George had his accident and we have alot of stock to replenish.

New designs are in process and some old ones are being resurrected. We also have some that were prototypes that are going to be one of's in the near future.

Our store is getting it's Holiday make over right now and hopefully by the end of next week it'll be ready for Christmas.

Drop by and visit us. Prices are good for gift items and George is rapidly increasing the in house stock. ;)

We will be taking a VACATION during Christmas. The exact times have not been set yet but depending on the flow throw the store and the orders that have to get out for Christmas I would think probably the 23 or 24th until at least mid January.

Now having said that, we are not going away and anyone wanting to come into the store can call 905-670-0200 and make an appoitment and we'll meet you at the store.

ALSO, our phone and internet is always on. You can place orders and call us at any time. We will be offering a "Special Offer" for January that many of you may want to take advantage of.

After the events of this summer I want to ensure that we both get some needed down time. We had gone 10 years without a vacation and that is not going to happen again.

OK, our LONG Christmas holiday did not happen. We were only off for a couple days and then right back into it again.

Didn't get our tree up until NOON on the 25th....................:(

The January special didn't happen due to technical difficulties and February is almost over - It must be my age but the time seems to be really flying by.

As the year unfolds we are planning on having a knife every month that is on "Special" for the month. i.e. The Moose one month, etc. you get the idea.

The way things are going I would think that will be April or so. George is working on his folder program that he had started before his accident so I don't want to interfer with that until it's well underway.

Could even be a folder as a Special !!

Greetings All,
Carol here - It's been a while since I've been posting or putting any photos up. Comes under the heading of needing a break.

During my hiatus I have managed to rediscover my love of taking product shots - studio shots of George's work. After so many I'd grown weary of the process and have finally come to terms with this digital camera.

For those of you who are technically inclined you likely found the change fun for me it has been a journey I would rather not have had to embark upon.'
However I am approx. where I have to be to accomplish what George requires so life is good again. Managed a couple small shoots the past couple weeks and actually enjoyed it. :)

Anyway, whether you missed me or not, I'm back and hope to make things a little more lively. If not by word at least by picture.

Greetings All,
Changes are in the works at Tichbournes. For the first time ever we are running weekly specials. AND right now for Hunting Season we have a multi special on the go till the end of September.

Bonus points do not enter into this new program but it still is a good special we're running.

Some of the sales are One Of's, some of them are OPEN meaning that we have blanks on the shelf and are just waiting for the order to come in to complete and send out.

George has gotten his large working folders "the Urban Tacticals" on the go and now he is moving onto a smaller model, totally different.

Our store has been re designed in that when you first come in you are met with a wall of knives. It keeps George busy trying to maintain that wall.

Christmas is just around the corner and I will be getting the store ready for the Holidays.

Drop by and pick up something or place your order to give George a little lead time.

Look forward to having you stop by......:)

Back