Sticky liner lock on cqc7!

Help! My new cqc7 has a sticky liner lock. I know it has to be broken in but it sure takes alot of effort to disengage the lock. Nowhere near as loose as my AFCK even when that was new out of the box. I like the knife alot though. Is there any way to lubricate it so it doesn't stick so bad? If any have you have solved this problem please post how you did it. Thanks.

I had the same problem with my Commander. Tried everything, including complete dissassembly, lubrication etc but the only thing that worked was continual use to break it in.

Now it works fine.

Welcome Toecutter. LOL... Toecutter... As in Mad Max? Great name.
Anyway, sticky lockup? You say it like its a bad thing. I have a Viper 3 and a custom Proto Tanto that lock up that way. Actually, solid, tight lockup on Ernie's customs is appreciated.
Ah yes Melbourne. Does FAA ring any bells? 1st Sqd '83-'86!
Take Care.

------------------
Usual Suspect
http://www.freeyellow.com/members8/arkhamdrifter/index.html

I only notice occasional sticking on my CQC-7 when I abuse it by flicking my wrist to open it (not very often.) This tends to make the locking liner come to rest alarmingly close to the opposite side of the tang vs. smack dab in the middle like it usually does. Lockup is solid, but I can't help but wonder if this is accelerating liner wear. Sometimes I need to get a dime or something to release it once this has happened..

Rather than applying some oil or grease, both which may promote even more "sticking", try some "Anti- Seize" compound on the tang/ liner contact area. It is NOT a lubricant but an anti galling/ seizing compound that is commonly being used in the bicycle industry on titanium parts. It is the same stuff commonly used on sparkplug heads and is sold in automotive stores under the Permatex trade name. Hope this helps.

L8r,
Nakano

Back