Stockman Sunday picture show

I hate to say this but I lost that Utica a few days ago at work. Put it down and can't find it. Maybe it will pop up. Man, can the main blade get scary sharp. Gonna miss it.
IMG_4989.jpeg

Fishin1635, it's interesting that the shield is at such an angle! Is that factory original? Beautiful bone and jigging.
Thanks for asking Jeff. This is an interesting one that I don’t know much about. The shield struck me as odd too. But I fell in love with the file work on the liners top and bottom, the blade etch, the punch cut out and how clean it was. I did a little cleaning my self too. But there was no rust in the inside of the liners just some cob webs when I got. I don’t believe it’s ever been carried or used. Here’s some more pics.

I hate to say this but I lost that Utica a few days ago at work. Put it down and can't find it. Maybe it will pop up. Man, can the main blade get scary sharp. Gonna miss it.
IMG_4989.jpeg
That Kutmaster is a looker invoice. I hope it turns up soon. I’m curious if the same makers for Schrade produced that one. The peach seed delrin looks mighty familiar.

Hi Fishin,
I don't know. But probably. I don't think it's Delrin or it has another name. I'm sure someone will chime in.
I was able to pick up another on with Government etch. I'll take more picks. I just took this one.
IMG_5045.jpeg

Notice the shrinkage in the scales.
Neal

I Invoice always disturbing to lose a knife, my Stag GEC 83 been MIA nearly a year now, but it's part of the business of using them-there's a chance they can disappear. Better than staying in the darkness that is the eternal collector's safe though :eek::D

Must say I'm surprised to learn of delrin shrink, not heard about it before. Could that material be pressed Cell made to resemble jigging, if such a thing exists? But that shrink looks like a Cell behaviour....

What's the Green knife at the bottom? Really fancy the look of it.

Thanks, Will

I have seen a bunch of old Ulster U.S.A. (not pre-war) folders and maybe some others, I think from the 1950s (?) that had that kind of crap covers. Some of us call it 'shrinky-dink.' It is pre-Delrin and transitional (maybe) when they were trying to get out of celluloid. I might be wrong about the '50s. It might have been the 1940s.

Cal's right on, Ulster used a synthetic in the late '50s called Bonite. Mine happens to be minty, but they did shrink.

oj380gF.jpg

HR5shTr.jpg
Jeff I knew someone would come up with the name of the material. Bonite!
Other than the covers a very serviceable knife. Sharpens up really nice.

I Invoice always disturbing to lose a knife, my Stag GEC 83 been MIA nearly a year now, but it's part of the business of using them-there's a chance they can disappear. Better than staying in the darkness that is the eternal collector's safe though :eek::D

Must say I'm surprised to learn of delrin shrink, not heard about it before. Could that material be pressed Cell made to resemble jigging, if such a thing exists? But that shrink looks like a Cell behaviour....

What's the Green knife at the bottom? Really fancy the look of it.

Thanks, Will
Hi Will. Beaver Falls a line from Cooper. They bought out the equipment from Queen. I like it very much. More pics later.
Neal

still totin my Frontier 4435 Double Eagle.
IMG_20240216_120002.jpg
I might swap to the hollow bolster Imperial Bicentenial, tomorrow, for at least a good part of April.
IMG_20240314_064331.jpg
OR/AND the CASE 10375 I won in the GAW ...
IMG_20240126_202917.jpg
It all boils up to: "Do I want to tote that newfangled "Stain Less" steel, or the trusty, tried n true 1095 carbon steel?" 🤔😇

MERRY EASTER!!!! 🥚🌶️🍻🎉🎊👯💃🕺😁👍

EDIT: "Think" I'll go with the CASE 10375 and BM 318 Proper. 🤔
They have not been carried for an while ... b - sides, I should give that new fangled "Stain Less" a chance to lose its 🤬🤬 fingerprint and smudge magnet "mirror polish" finish. 😊

Last edited:
Hi Fishin,
I don't know. But probably. I don't think it's Delrin or it has another name. I'm sure someone will chime in.
I was able to pick up another on with Government etch. I'll take more picks. I just took this one.
IMG_5045.jpeg

Notice the shrinkage in the scales.
Neal
Thanks for sharing the pic invoice. Happy Easter
Cal's right on, Ulster used a synthetic in the late '50s called Bonite. Mine happens to be minty, but they did shrink.

oj380gF.jpg

HR5shTr.jpg
Thanks for chiming in mamba. I can’t believe how much it looks like bone… gorgeous

That’s some good looking stag ironbut
still totin my Frontier 4435 Double Eagle.
View attachment 2540210
I might swap to the hollow bolster Imperial Bicentenial, tomorrow, for at least a good part of April.
View attachment 2540200
OR/AND the CASE 10375 I won in the GAW ...
View attachment 2540204
It all boils up to: "Do I want to tote that newfangled "Stain Less" steel, or the trusty, tried n true 1095 carbon steel?" 🤔😇

MERRY EASTER!!!! 🥚🌶️🍻🎉🎊👯💃🕺😁👍

EDIT: "Think" I'll go with the CASE 10375 and BM 318 Proper. 🤔
They have not been carried for a while ... b - sides, I should give that new fangled "Stain Less" a chance to lose its 🤬🤬 fingerprint and smudge magnet "mirror polish" finish. 😊
That Case 19375 is a real winner fishhunter
GEC did such a beautiful job on the peach seed. Beautiful 66 Steve. Grail 😍

Back