Stop pin for Military?

I screwed up the stop pin on mine when I last took it apart for cleaning. It was a just a dumb move on my part and trying to rush. Anyone have luck getting parts from Spyderco other then just pocket clips? Or know where I could get one the same size from a part supplier?

Spyderco generally does not send out internal parts for their knives. Although I did read that they sent someone torx screws for a PM2 to replace some the owner had stripped. Worst case scenario, ship the knife to them and they'll charge you ~$20 bucks to fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyderco generally does not send out internal parts for their knives. Although I did read that they sent someone torx screws for a PM2 to replace some the owner had stripped. Worst case scenario, ship the knife to them and they'll charge you ~$20 bucks to fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was hoping to avoid having to send it in. It was a stupid mistake on my part but I'd rather not pay shipping and the 'repair' cost on a knife with a voided warranty (since I took it apart) all for just a stop pin that cost a dollar or so.

Anyone know the proper diameter of the pin, looks like it's close to .1875 (3/16") but I can't get a precise measurement thanks to the knurling effect the plier's jaw had on the stop pin...

Was hoping to avoid having to send it in. It was a stupid mistake on my part but I'd rather not pay shipping and the 'repair' cost on a knife with a voided warranty (since I took it apart) all for just a stop pin that cost a dollar or so.

Anyone know the proper diameter of the pin, looks like it's close to .1875 (3/16") but I can't get a precise measurement thanks to the knurling effect the plier's jaw had on the stop pin...

That has to be close. I'm getting .186" on my LH Military and Camo Military and .188" on the BG-42/CF Sprint version. Have you called or emailed Spyderco?

That has to be close. I'm getting .186" on my LH Military and Camo Military and .188" on the BG-42/CF Sprint version. Have you called or emailed Spyderco?

I haven't contacted them yet, but plan to. I know they're not known for sending out parts though in the past, posted this in part to see if that's changed at all in last couple years.

Thanks for the measurements:thumbup:

.1860" on two TiMillie RIL
.1860" on G10 Walker LinerLock
.1865" on Fluted Millie (w/ early lockup)

My experience with Spyderco is much the same as referenced above. VERY GOOD about taking care of customers, but seems anything more than a pocket clip or screw means a trip to Golden (I have not even been able to get standoffs or back spacers for knives where friends have stripped).

A small piece of rubber (like from an inner tube, etc.) can be used to protect stop-pins & standoffs from pliers damage (I know, hindsight is 20/20 ... ;-) Possibly filing and/or sanding the high spots of damage might provide intern functionality while you source a replacement stop-pin.

Regards,

Curious ..., is that a concentric stop pin on the BG-42 or round, and does CF non lock side include a liner?

Regards,

.1860" on two TiMillie RIL
.1860" on G10 Walker LinerLock
.1865" on Fluted Millie (w/ early lockup)

My experience with Spyderco is much the same as referenced above. VERY GOOD about taking care of customers, but seems anything more than a pocket clip or screw means a trip to Golden (I have not even been able to get standoffs or back spacers for knives where friends have stripped).

A small piece of rubber (like from an inner tube, etc.) can be used to protect stop-pins & standoffs from pliers damage (I know, hindsight is 20/20 ... ;-) Possibly filing and/or sanding the high spots of damage might provide intern functionality while you source a replacement stop-pin.

Regards,
Yup, I usually do use a 'buffer' to protect the pins, like I said though, got into a rush when cleaning it and just grabbed the pliers, was kicking myself pretty much instantly after I did it. I've cleaned it up some but I now have up and down play on a knife that was rock solid.

Thanks for the measurements:thumbup:

Curious ..., is that a concentric stop pin on the BG-42 or round, and does CF non lock side include a liner?

Regards,

Far as I know, Spyderco stopped using eccentric stop pins on the Military long before the BG-42 Sprint came out. It does have a nested partial liner on the non-lock side and, IIRC, it was the first Military to have one.

EDITED TO ADD: Just checked my CF/S30V Sprint Military, which was the first CF Military Sprint (BG-42 was the second), and it has no liner on the non-lock side and, FWIW, its stop pin also measure .188"

Last edited:
The Deacon,

You hit the nail on the head, even though my question was slightly off (concentric vs. eccentric). Nice to hear from someone that remembers the early adjustable stop-pin versions.

Thanks for your answers/comments👍

Regards,

Back