Recommendation? Storing carbon patina blades for transport

Yonose the problem is that if the air can not be removed all you have to have are a few temperature change's and then you can have condensation,that's a problem that a lot of people forget they think just because something is sealed it's all good.

I know of people getting large 12 volt PC fans and using a small power supply to blow on thing's they want kept cool and that seem's to work really well even in humid condition's but that's not a viable idea for Sean.

What if he included dessicant bags? Would this cause the oil to dry up as well?

I have kept a carbon steel sword in storage uncontrolled environment for 5 year no rust on it. I dissolved candle wax in light gun oil and spread it on. Gun oil evaporates leaves the wax on covering it in wax and pretty easy to remove

I don't think the bag's they would absorb any oil from the air in the bag but if the oil got onto the bag I'm sure it would absorb any oil that made direct contact,if it were me and if the original poster is just moving then what I would do is just pack my knives on the last day or 2 before the move and when I got to where I was going I would have a fan with me on the move and just open the box and put the fan on them until I could decide where I was going to store them,now if they are going into true storage for a while then that's another story.

I think the wax and gun oil is a good idea but I think when it needed to be removed there would good all the patina however from the way the OP has describe how delicate his patina is.

What if he included dessicant bags? Would this cause the oil to dry up as well?

Wouldn't a sealed container with dessicant be significantly dryer then most ambient environments(assuming reasonable amount of dried desiccant)?
If so then use such a system, perhaps lightly wrapping the knives in paper towels without oil to prevent scratching(oil works primarily by preventing moisture making it unnecessary in a dry enough environment). Avoiding direct contact with leather would probably be wise do to it's tendency towards being acidic, but I don't think it would be able to alter the atmosphere meaning sheaths could probably be stored in the same container as their knives.
If the storage were to be for decades rather than months low acid paper might be a better choice then paper towels but for a few months(perhaps even one or two years) I highly doubt that the results could possibly be distinguished.

Back