Storing Wicked Edge Stones/Strops?

I was wondering how you all store your WE stones and strops? I can't afford the nice Wicked Edge Pelican-style case but want something to store and protect them. Thanks in advance for your help.

My local Michael's craft store had a really nice storage box with individual compartments for 6 sets of stones.

I keep mine in a flat fishing tackle box, I think they are made by Plano.
They have dividers and work perfectly for the stones and strops. I bought it at Academy, you can probably get them at any sporting goods store.

The one that cbwx34 linked is pretty nice. It certainly works for me. The only issue I may see is if you get to much stuff. Then you could always buy another one.:D

I have cabinet in my office which has a self big enough for the WE, the stones, the strops and all the other misc gear. Works great because I always sharpen on my office desk.

For a portable system I can recommend the Really Useful Products 4 litre box (currently on Special at $7.61) which holds everything I need in two trays (a few $ extra depending on which you choose).

5qhgLP0.jpg

Top tray is their lipped pen tray:

1sNWKSf.jpg

Bottom tray is the unlipped stationery tray:

n0o5Ikt.jpg

Last edited:
For a portable system I can recommend the Really Useful Products 4 litre box (currently on Special at $7.61) which holds everything I need in two trays (a few $ extra depending on which you choose).

Thanks banksy - exactly what i've been looking for.

edit: wouldn't you know, those 2 particular trays are no longer sold in the US.
the unlipped stationery tray is, however, available in a lipped version.

Last edited:
Back