Strength of Rolling lock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spark,

Ok, mistake about the Voyagers, my intial comment still stands, it's a production knife that lines up perfectly in the open posistion, what's your point?

Quote:

"... then that leads us to 1 of 2 conclusions..."

Well that's pretty open about who you consider as "US", by "us" do you mean Bob Taylor and yourself? Or everyone on Bladeforums? Or everyone in the world? I personally don't know who you have permission to speak for so I'll leave it at that.

As for the limited "2" conclusions that everyone under the "us" is being led too, here are a few more simple ones that weren't considered.

Maybe I don't have the cash to get the repairs done.

Maybe I havn't gotten around to it yet.

Maybe the Escalator still functions perfectly in the closed posistion and I don't think the time and money involved in the repairs are a good trade off.

Maybe I don't think the repairs would be worth a damn.

Maybe I decided to discuss the problem on the manuacturers forum before making a decision.

Maybe I'm in the process of getting them done right now.

Like I said, I believe there is a problem with the forging and manufacture of these knives, which means I think I would get a spit and chicken-wire repair, which is why I haven't tried to get it fixed. So yes you are correct, I DO NOT CARE ABOUT GETTING IT FIXED.

as for this:

"A statement like

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"A buddy's of mine has completed failed, even the most minute of movement will cause the lock to disengage. I believe this to be a problem with the spring.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

is pretty serious. A knife like that is completely unsafe to use - if it was mine, it'd be back in the mail immediately."

My response: I agree, as I said before, that's his problem, I don't know what he's going to do, and has nothing to do with me.

As for the forging issue, go back and read. I'll say again, my knife did not impact ANYTHING, and sure as heck didn't slam anything. The break took place during an opening that the knife was designed for.

quote:

"Vague comments and allegations aren't what a company needs to fix any problems it may or may not have. You need to provide details, and if at all possible, the product itself so that it can be analyzed, repaired, or replaced. They can't fix the problem if they don't know exactly what the problem is."

My response: Go back and read twice. I'm not trying to get this company to fix the knife, I want nothing further to do with them, I responded to this thread to discuss problems with the rolling lock, and other general details.

Thanks for information and different point of view.

Driscoll

[This message has been edited by Driscoll (edited 04-08-2000).]

So, in other words, you are complaining to complain, and don't really care to see any resolution to your problem?

Not that I'm really suprised, however, since it looks like you have plenty of time to make lots of attacks against Bob, but no time to send any of these knives that have so many problems back to get fixed. You'll pardon my healthy dose of skepticism since you are unwilling to make even the first step at resolution of your problems.

I looked for the forging thread in question and couldn't find it. Maybe you could do us a favor and explain just how you broke your knife, since it's not readily accessable?

Anyhow, if the problem lies with the manufacturer, not the user, then the manufacturer should pay for the repair costs, so the most you would be out is $5 for shipping. If you don't think that they are up to repairing it, why are you trusting your life to them by carrying it in the first place? Doesn't make any sense to me. But that's your life to throw away...

Second, you've been making the same claims for over 6 months without doing anything on your part to find a resolution on getting the knife fixed. What are you waiting for? Or is you intent simply to give REKAT as much trouble as possible without actually having to provide something solid to back up your statements?

For someone who wants "nothing further to do with this company", you seem to have a real burr under your saddle about using every opportunity to make a stink about them. Please make up your mind about what you are trying to accomplish - either make the effort and have the problems with their product's solved, or don't bother complaining about it. It's a two way street.

But for right now, you just aren't making any sense.

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg
SysOp and Administrator for BladeForums.com

Insert witty quip here

Spark,

Complaining to complain?? Like I said, I posted on this thread to discuss problems with the rolling lock and other general issues, that is what this thread is about right? My problems are legit, and I believe shed some light on the discussion. If this thread had never appeared I would have never said word one, and my end of things would have never been known or seen, so where do you get complain from?

By "attacks against Bob" I guess you mean other discussions that have taken place months ago, all of which have NOTHING to do with the quality of his lock, manufacturing, and knives in general. Don't try to drag different dirt into a thread in order to improve your point of view, or to cast shadows on my image, or arguments. You are not offering anything positive or negative to this discussion, ever since you began posting the thread has taken a new direction.

I grow tired of repeating myself, I have already stated in the previous post how the knife broke.

Spark, can you tell me where I can get a crystal ball just like yours that tells you what is going on in other peoples lives and lets you read thier minds?

You stated:

"If you don't think that they are up to repairing it, why are you trusting your life to them by carrying it in the first place? Doesn't make any sense to me. But that's your life to throw away..."

and also:

"You'll pardon my healthy dose of skepticism since you are unwilling to make even the first step at resolution of your problems."

so in response:

I continue to carry it becuase it is a special purpose knife and functions as intended in the closed posistion, once again I'm repeating myself. Trust my life to it?!! I guess you didn't even consider that I carry more than one knife??!! That would be totally unbelievable right?

Your magical device has told you that I havn't take the first step...... Tell me Spark, since you know, exactly what I have and have not done? I wish you would let me in on it, since I obviously don't know. I may have not completed anything, but as for the first step, it was taken a long time ago. So your wrong again. Check the crystal ball for cracks.

As for your healthy dose of skepticism, it's more like a gigantic dose of assumption.

As for the "burr":

Let's see, I paid a quality knife price for a supposedly quality knife, the blade ended up being weak, parts ended up rattling, the manufacture ended up being shody, and the lock wasn't all it cracked up to be strength wise. I imagine anybody would have a "burr" as you put it against someone that screwed them with faulty merchadise. I guess in your world my Escalator would have to jump up burn my house down and then cut my throat before I was "allowed" to feel discontent.

And finally, you asked why haven't I done anything? and what am I waiting for.

Well here it is again. Quality knives, improved design.
http://www.bladeforums.com/ubb/Forum35/HTML/000288.html

This is what I'm waiting for. Why replace an badly made older model with badly made repair parts when I could have a new and improved quality knife? So that answers your statement about $5 for shipping.

As for me not making sense, well I hope that clears it up for you, if you have questions ask before you tell me of all people what I have and have not done, or what my intentions are.

Sorry about my tone, but you put me on the defensive. Like I said, I feel confident that any one wishing to purchase a knife would like to hear about problems with them.

Driscoll

[This message has been edited by Driscoll (edited 04-08-2000).]

Spark, sending it in to be replaced/fixed is not always a trival decision. I can identify with Driscoll as I had the same choice with a Spyderco Military with an insecure lock. Sal wanted to look at it and I hesitated in sending it in because I knew the problem was in the design not in the particular blade I had. I sent it back to Spyderco not to have it fixed but because I felt strongly that they should have the ability to refute what I said. I would want the same.

Driscoll's situation is similar. His blade has problems and he doesn't think that sending it in will get it fixed. Further, unlike the situation I was in, he will also be out the use of the knife as it functions as intended in the closed position. As in my situation, if I was him, I would like to think I would send it back so Bob Taylor could present his side of the story, however given Bob's attitude towards Driscoll (I just reread all his past posts), I can understand why he has little motivating him in this regard.

As for going after Bob Taylor, discussing the quality, or lack of, a knife Bob Taylor makes should be allowed and should not be considered an attack on Bob Taylor or REKAT. The only question I think is relevant is how often this is brought up. If every time someone mentioned REKAT Driscoll retold this situation after awhile it would get annoying to long time posters who had reread it over and over. However even this should be allowed. People continue to post positive comments on a regular basis, often the same ones and nothing is done about that.

By the way, my Military was not fixed, it was still unstable when it returned from Spyderco and in addition to the cost of sending it, I had to pay inspection fees and duty when it crossed customs. James Mattis offered to pay the shipping expenses so I was out nothing, one of the reasons you go through dealers.

-Cliff

[This message has been edited by Cliff Stamp (edited 04-08-2000).]

Driscoll - So, esentially you carry your escalator only because it can be used in it's closed position? You'll pardon me if I find that a silly reason to keep the knife as a daily carry and I find it extemely asinine to keep carrying it only as a pressure tool when there are tons of those out there that will do the job without having a knife's liability.

Part of the appeal of the escalator was that you could go to that final step of actually using the blade - if you are only going to use it closed, then why are you even carrying it? Seems like a liability to me. Not to mention that it will get you in bad training habits.

I'm not saying that you don't have a legitimate bitch about your knife not working 100% as it should, but WTF are you waiting for? You live in Florida, Bob lives in Idaho. You already said you carry more than one knife, so going without the escalator while it gets checked out isn't going to put you out significantly. It's not like you live in Canada like Cliff, so you don't have to worry about customs and duties.

Either get it fixed, or admit that despite it's flaws it's still good enough that you want to carry it daily because it does indeed work. Because if it's had so many problems for so long and you haven't "gotten around" to sending it back, I find it hard to sympathize with your position. Make no mistake - if you use the escalator in a defensive situation, you are betting your life on it. If you are betting your life on something that you know will fail on you, well, that's your own choice / judgement call.

Cliff, I can emphasize with your position and your being reluctant to send a knife in but you did send it in. It came back still screwed up, showing that it couldn't be fixed, yadda yadda yadda. But you made the effort.

Driscoll hasn't done that, shows no inclination for doing that, and furthermore admits that he won't do it. Yet he's here making all sorts of claims about how shoddy a product it is, and how shoddy the repair work ("spit and baling wire") would be, how he totally lacks confidence in how it'd be handled, yadda yadda yadda, despite the fact that it's still good enough for him to carry daily. He says that
my knife did not impact ANYTHING, and sure as heck didn't slam anything. The break took place during an opening that the knife was designed for.
My question is what was he opening it against? Let's have all the details... because we sure don't know the full story right now.

Without them, REKAT is left in a hard to defend position - someone is out there unhappy with their product, but they won't send do anything on their part to fix the problem. Correction, do anything productive, with fix being the operative word.

So where does that leave us as third parties? What do we know?
Has the knife been sent back? No
Has the knife been repaired? No, you have to send it back first
Is there a problem with the rolling lock? We don't know, because someone won't send the knife back
Is there a problem with the forging or heat treat process? We don't know, because someone won't send the knife back
Is there a problem with the construction methods or materials? We don't know because someone won't send the knife back

A whole lot of "We don't know's" and not much productive going on. End result? Nothing get's fixed, and the neither the person owning the knife, nor the company, is going to get any relief out of it, and as third parties, we're armed with inconclusive information, or out and out incorrect information.

Also, by "burr under the saddle" comment refer's to the history that Bob and Driscoll have together - and the fact that yes, Driscoll does have a tendency to look for any opportunity to go after Bob - or making one up given the chance (Check out the Hobbit thread). Should that be smothered, deleted or censored? No, but at the same time, we as third parties have to temper the comments made with the facts - like Driscoll doesn't want to have his knife fixed, is unwilling to send it back to have it repaired, etc.

I don't have a problem with people exposing problems with anyone's methods, construction, materials, customer service, etc - one look at how I view a certain fixed blade maker should clear that misconception right up.

But what I am primarily interested in is problem resolution - if there is a problem with the knife in question (and judging by the comments and pictures we've seen from Driscoll, there is a problem) then how does it get fixed? If it's not going to get fixed, what are the reasons?

Like Driscoll, I'm looking forward to seeing the Spyderco Gunting come out (whenever that's going to be)- because then we'll see how well both knives stack up when they are head to head. But until then, I don't want to hear any hype about how one is better than the other - vaporware isn't conclusive evidence.

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg

Insert witty quip here

Cliff,

Thanks for taking the time to read and understand another reason that I can't send the knife back. It wasn't brought up becuase I for one didn't want to bring past arguments into this disscusion. My past conflict with Mr. Taylor is Spark's main thrust, and actually has nothing to do with this thread.

Spark,

Stop the broken record act man, it's annoying as hell. He won't get it fixed, why? He won't get it fixed, why? He won't get it fixed, why? He won't get it fixed, why? He won't get it fixed, why? He won't get it fixed, why? All anyone has to do is read your last post to realize that's all you have to say after the topic has been truley exhausted.

Spark, do you actually read these posts before you start typing?? And here you go speculating again, stupidly I might add. So now your going to tell me why I carry an Escalator too. Just to show once again that supernatural powers are not your cup of tea. I believe in it's design and concepts, and carry one to promote it's use, I fully plan on training other people with it someday. Everywhere I go people ask me about the strange knife in my pocket, I'm than happy to put it on display.

You presume to question my training..... once again you get off the subject in a childish attempt and muck raking, I'll leave that alone.

As for "WTF am I waiting for?" For God's sake man!!! Will at least read the prior posts once!! I've exhausted that one too.

you said:

"if you use the escalator in a defensive situation, you are betting your life on it."

So if somebody breaks into my house and the first thing I grab is a spatula (which just happend to be there for oh my god OTHER purposes) then I should immediatly stand up proclaim my faith in it's design and maker, and it's also worthy of "betting my life on" Like I said, I have tools suited to the job on hand. Just like a carpenter, I won't use a screwdriver to hammer in a nail.

You stated that I use every opportunity to go after Bob. Bob's name didn't even come into my side of this thread until you brought him in. While we're on the subject of habitual posting, I'll just ask you if you own stock in REKAT? If not why are you so quick to jump on Bob's knob every time someone show's disagreement?

I don't have to be a mechanic to know that a car is a piece of Sh*it. I don't have to be a carpenter to know my house is falling down. I don't have to be a cook to know that food tastes like crap. And I sure as hell don't have to be a knife maker to know I got screwed. And I don't have to send any of the above products back to thier makers for them to tell my supposedly clueless As* about the obvious deductions I have already made.

Due to your totaly inability to absord or remember anything you have read, I will once again repeat myself. IT'S NOT JUST MY REKAT/ESCALATOR KNIFE!!! IT'S EVERY SINGLE ONE THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN OR HEARD ABOUT!!!!

you said:

"But what I am primarily interested in is problem resolution - if there is a problem with the knife in question (and judging by the comments and pictures we've seen from Driscoll, there is a problem) then how does it get fixed? If it's not going to get fixed, what are the reasons?"

Since your into telling me what I think and what I should do, let me give you some advice. Your "primary interest" should be moderating these forums, not promoting or defending any one knife maker on the web, which sounds allot like favortism to me. What's other unseen benefits does REKAT get from BladeForums? You speak much about third parties, remember that's exactly what you are. This discussion is about problems with knives, not for Spark's piece of mind about how/why a man won't get his knife fixed.

You mention vaporware, in which you yet again prove your non clairvoyance. I HAVE had the new Gunting in my hands, both the trainer and live blade, I have trained with the designer, AND in Isreal. I believe it is superior in every way, including it's manufacture. Let me be quick to point out that this is my opinion, something your often lacking. I have carried an Escalator for almost a year now, and have used it regularly. After seeing the Gunting side my side I was completly impressed with it's improvments and quality.

Driscoll

Sorry the same post got listed twice so I just deleted it.

Driscoll

[This message has been edited by Driscoll (edited 04-09-2000).]

Driscoll, I don't need to be clarivoyant, you seem to be more than willing to spell out everything we need to know.
I HAVE had the new Gunting in my hands, both the trainer and live blade, I have trained with the designer, AND in Isreal. I believe it is superior in every way, including it's manufacture. Let me be quick to point out that this is my opinion, something your often lacking. I have carried an Escalator for almost a year now, and have used it regularly. After seeing the Gunting side my side I was completly impressed with it's improvments and quality.

So you've trained with Bram, to the extent of going to Israel with him? So you've held the Gunting and trained with it? Well boy howdy, that speaks volumnes for your motivation to "speak out" - you pretty well cleared up that you sure aren't a disinterested third party.

Anyone can produce a sweet looking prototype that works fine for one day - look at your Escalator that worked just dandy when you bought it, but suppossedly doesn't work now. The true test of how well it lives up to the claims is after it's been in production and has been in hard use. That's when you learn all of the little kinks that make a good design go bad. That's what I'm talking about when I refer to vaporware - let's see how it performs when it's out there among everyone before declaring unilaterally that it's the best thing since sliced bread.

As for my sounding like a broken record, the truth bears repeating.

I don't have to be a mechanic to know that a car is a piece of Sh*it. I don't have to be a carpenter to know my house is falling down. I don't have to be a cook to know that food tastes like crap. And I sure as hell don't have to be a knife maker to know I got screwed. And I don't have to send any of the above products back to thier makers for them to tell my supposedly clueless As* about the obvious deductions I have already made.

All that would be fine and good if it applied literally. But, it's not the mechanic's fault if your engine seizes up because you didn't change your oil. It's not the carpenter's fault that your house falls apart if you get termites - or if you punch holes in the wall.

If the meal "tastes like crap" then you have to do your part and send it back... unless you don't really care about getting a decent meal, and instead are looking for an excuse to do the cook some damage. The cook can't fix his mistakes if he doesn't know what's wrong.

You claim you have a "defective" product. Bob says you haven't called or emailed him about returning it. He's also repeatedly stated that he'd fix whatever was wrong with it, especially if it's a problem with his manufacturing process. Yet you refuse to send it back. It's a circular argument - you can't fix problems with a product when the people having problems are unwilling to send the product back for evaluation and examination.

Sorry guy, but at this point the blame lies squarely with you. Bob's got about 10 or so Escalators in house - if you knife was completely screwed he could even replace it. But you haven't taken the first step, while continuing to lambast the product at every opportunity.

If you'd sent it in for repairs and it came back screwed up, or broke again after the repairs, then you'd have a valid complaint and you wouldn't see me making a single post. But you haven't done any of these things... only made excuses for why you haven't done so.

It's becoming readily apparent why you are doing this... and what your actual motivation is. So do us all a favor and stop the charade.

<HR>

In a seperate, but related topic, I'm done taking insults from you, Driscoll. I'll discuss any topic you want, for as long as you want, but I'm not going to suck up your insults just because you lack the ability to defend your points. If you can't discuss things calmly and rationally, then don't do it at all.

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg

Insert witty quip here

OK, OK, Reluctantly I'm going to step in here and say that I have had a LOT of trouble with my Rolling Lock Escalators. First off, my Escalator Trainer has a broken lock. I'm quite sure it is due to a failure of the spring, but that is irrelevant, it just won't lock anymore. My live blade Escalator is beginning to act as my trainer did before the lock broke, so it is very suspect now. Granted, I train all the time and my Trainer has gone through the ringer in the past year & a half, but use should not cause failure. It should be able to perform as designed, as long as I don't abuse it. I never clamped my triner in a vise and hit it with a mallet. I never tried to pry with the blade. I simply used it as a kinetic opening knife and used it alot.
I was willing to not make an issue of this because I've seen the various hate that springs back & forth on this topic, and I didn't want to be involved, hell, I still don't. Rather than cause problems, and risk having my intentions questioned, SPARK, I was content to wait for the Gunting, which I have seen, used on others (Billious), and had it used on me. I belive it to be a superior knife. But if it will satisfy the powers that be, I will send my Escalator Trainer & Live blade if requested to REKAT for inspection & repair.
Since I am now bringing this to light, I will not stop at the strength or reliability of the Rolling Lock, here are my other problems with the knife. First, I will mention that both of mine are original locks & handmade.
1.) The lock itself, no further explanation neccessary.
2.) The Hex Head screws retaining the blade, even with locktite, when opened regularly, they back out. I belive that there isn't enough thread to allow for a secure grip. If I overtighten them, I can't opent he blade.
3.) Fit & finish. I know that an a tactical knife, I might not expect the finest around but on the trainer, the liners extend past the G10 scales. On the live blade the two slabs are different sizes. One sticks out past the other and has a different angle than the other when viewed from the side.

OK, that's it. As before, I didn't want to get involved, because I've seen Mr. Taylor & you too Spark get way too pissy when someone mentions REKAT and quality control. But if it will help to prove that there are multiple cases of this happening, FINE, I will send my knife in for testing/examination.
Before I go, let me ask a question that Driscoll asked. What is your connection with REKAT, Spark? Why do you always seem to jump to Mr. Taylor's rescue, many times without he even posting himself? It just seems funny to me.
Oh yeah, before you start questioning any of my motives on entering this thread, yes I do know Driscoll, yes he was referring to me on the broken lock. Yes we train together, yes we demo the closed use of the Escalator. Yes I have trained along time, yes I am certifed by Bram, yes I am certified by quite a few others as well. And, yes I know what I'm talking about, I'm not trying to stir the pot.

Let me know if you want the knives.

Andy
kilat@atlantic.net

See, now this is what I'm talking about... and a much better way (in my opinion) for someone should handle a problem they have with a product.

Andy has a problem with his knife. He admits that he's put it through the ringer. He's willing to send it back to REKAT for repair and evaluation. I could not ask for anything more here.

Andy has very valid concerns with his knife, QC issues, etc. He lists them in detail. He's also willing to state clearly his position, etc. He's not beating about the bush, or playing like he's something he's not. Again, what more could you ask for?

So, here's my response, point by point
  • The lock failure - well this will be solved when he sends it back to REKAT. Can't fault you on anything here - send it back and we'll see what happens. If it comes back screwed up, then we'll have a whole 'nother side to the argument.

If it's a problem in the design, then we'll hear about that too.
  • The blade pivot hex heads - just for my personal edification, when did this start happening? Immediately, or over a long period of time? And just to eliminate this possibility, you didn't disassemble the knife before this started happening, right?
  • Fit and Finish - I'll be the first one to agree with you there. Both Mike and myself have repeatedly stated that REKAT has some real QC concerns in that department, and room for improvement. No arguement from me on that point.

I'll also reiterate - When the Gunting has been out for over a year and there's been time to find the kinks and problem's in it, then we'll see conclusively if it's better than the Escalator. I think we'll all agree that a new in box knife doesn't perform the same way as one that's been through the ringer. My concern is that there is a big difference between a hand tooled batch of prototypes and what winds up being churned out of the factory.

Here's REKAT's address so you can send the knives back -
REKAT
PO BOX 818
Sagle, ID 83860

<HR>

As for my "coming to Mr. Taylor's rescue", I speak up for plenty of people, not just Bob. If I see something obviously wrong, it's in my nature to step in and try to correct it. Guess it's my upbringing.

It's also in my best interest in running BladeForums.com that I don't allow bad information to get out there without an appropriate rebuttal.

My connection with REKAT? Other than my having built their website last year, and their having sold us the first Sifu's, there is none. Bob doesn't owe me any favors, and I certainly don't owe him any. We aren't currently stocking dealers of REKAT (though we probably will be in the future).

Past that, I agree with many of the things he says / ways he does something, but I'll also be the first one to tell him when I think something he says or does is wrong.

In other words, any allegations of hidden conspiracies or blood vows are way off base. Anyone else want to question my integrity?

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg

Insert witty quip here

Spark,
Before I send the knives out, I would like to hear, converse with Bob about it. I'm not interested in causing problems, but I would like to see them addresed on this forum for all to see, good & bad aspects. I said before I didn't want to go through this, so since I'm willing now, let REKAT set the standard for customer service publicly, maybe that will stop some of the bitching. So, as soon as Mr. Taylor welcomes the knives back, there outta here!

The only problem I have with the idea of the knife being returned "screwed up" (probably Driscoll's point too) is that I think the lock has inherent problems, in the springs, you know moving, wearable parts etc. So I think that it would still be if not screwed up, it would probably be flawed.
For your information on the Hex screws, this problem occurred about 2 months after I bought it. No, I did not dissassemble the knife, before or after the problem. The extent of my "tampering" was to unscrew the screws and add some loctite. I remember doing this right before showing /demoing the knife to Guro Inosanto, and I didn't want either the trainer or live blade to look bad. This was a problem I was willing to live with, an annoyance for sure, but something I could overlook that just required frequent maintenance. Of course, since the blades will be going back, I would like the problem addressed, solved, replaced, and certainly explained.
As far as the fit & finish, we appear to see eye to eye. However these are both original handmades, and I would have expected a little more attention to detail. Now in sending these back, I don't want new knives, unless I got these back as well, I still happen to like the top lock position, event though the new one is probably better. But that is something to be discussed between myself & REKAT. I look forward to hearing from them / Mr. Tayor.

Andy
kilat@atlantic.net

[This message has been edited by Andy W (edited 04-09-2000).]

Spark,

I had read Andy's post and was waiting for your reply, you performed as expected.

My problems are Identicle to Andy's in everyway, except I have the Black-T finish, just becuase I opt not to have them fixed doesn't make them any less legitimate.

As I stated before this thread was about problems with the Rolling Lock, not about one person's attempts to fix them, which you have been draggin about for two days.

It's amazing that when someone other than myself posts the exact same thing you accept them with open arms.

So let me recap, just because I don't wish to have my knife fixed doesn't mean my problems shouldn't be discussed, or that I'm trying to make anyone look bad. The knife speaks for itself, regardless of how many repairs it does or doesn't go through

Now that we're back on track, we can continue.

Driscoll

I have handled at least 8 or 10 rolling locks from dealers in Canada. All, no matter which model, from sifu to pocket warrior show lateral or vertical play. These knives retail for about $280 - $320 Cdn. The play in the locks does not inspire a great deal of confidence. It may also be significant that Spyderco decided to develop their own lock as opposed to licensing the Rolling Lock. Perhaps not.

Well when lawyers get mentioned I start locking **** down.

Anymore on this subject and I will lock it down as well.

If there are problems with a REKAT product then Bob is entitled to see it so he can make corrections if necessary. This is simple protocol and logic is not necessary to determine the appropriate course.

This is turning an already heated issue into a flame feast and no good can come from a bad 9 alarm fire. The Rolling lock is a KICK ASS lock. I know it, Bob and Bob knows it, Driscoll knows it, Bram knows it, Sal knows it. It is obviously a great lock or Sal would have never entertained the idea of buying a license for it.

Is there a better lock?

Is the lock on the Gunting going to be a better lock? Only time and testing will tell and no amount of testosterone splattered on the monitors across the world will prove any different.

The very nature of the products we promote, talk about and subsequently sell and use will always test our ability to maintain our composure and ability to retain a level head while playing the game. The game is played so a winner will emerge. Some games allow more than one winner. Whether your first or second makes no difference. Whether you win or lose makes no difference. How you play the game makes some difference but you still feel like **** when you lose. The important thing is that you do not get all pissed off and throw the pieces around and make an ass out of yourself. Been there, done that.

There is always a winner, and there is always a loser, the problem is knowing which one you are.

A man is not judged by where he has been, or where he is at, but where he will be when the clock stops.

Time is finite. There is a beginning and there is an end. The problem is you never know where you are at any given time.

Sometimes we are asked whether or not we know right from wrong. What is more important is whether or not we know when to stop.

Yes I am feeling philosophical and everything I just said is copyrighted
smile.gif

------------------
Best Regards,
Mike Turber
BladeForums Site Owner and Administrator
Do it! Do it right! Do it right NOW!
Show Your Support -Visit Our Sponsors - Click On The Banners!
Visit www.onestopknifeshop.com
All sales from 1 Stop Knife Shop help support this site!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back