Strider Applegate-Fairbairn?

Some time ago there was talk of Strider's new stuff in the new year, and I remember a Strider version of the Applegate-Fairbairn being mentioned.

Is this to be the traditional fixed version or the folder version? Anyone any ideas?

Thanks, Christiaan.

I will make a few customs in the next few months...but don't think we will have time for a company one this year.

m

That all 'true to original' designs need to be authorized by the Applegate Estate...and with Gerber having a lock on the folder rights, and with Boker having rights to the fixed blades...

I don't see such a project succeeding, without prior authorization such as that given to the limited run Harsey/Valloton projects.

Witness the failed Buck/Brigade Quartermaster A/F attempt a few years back.

That said, a 'High Speed/Low Drag' authorized version of the Strider-A/F would rock! :cool:

Mel

I love my Gerber A/F. A Strider version would indeed rock! But if Gerber's got the rights to the folder, how about a "Super AR" with a 4.5 inch blade like the A/F?

Just put a G10 handle on model JW and it will be sufficient. Having said that I would gladly buy Strider's version of A-F knife even though I am officially out of knife collecting.

Mick,

If you do decide to do the custom route only, let me know.

Tax free moolah is gonna be rolling in soon!

Back