Strider PT CC.... REALLY impressed!

Just wanted to write a short review about this knife... just bought one on the evilbay, and LOVE it... ive had it for four days, and it is REALLY NICE. This is coming from a dude who has been EDCing a Sebenza for 7 years. I must say that this knife is incredible. Perfect, really. I am not a rich man, and I will DEFINITELY be buying an SnG asap. The PT CC is small... and I'm used to a Lg Seb, but the knife is comfy in the hand... much more so than the sm seb. The choil on the blade is a MAJOR upgrade from the sm seb.

I guess that if I were to make a point with this review, I would say that anyone on the fence between the seb and sng/pt... I would lean toward the strider. They are both GREAT knives, and I will ALWAYS have a Lg Seb... but this Strider is impressive. If you are paying attention.. you will see that CRK has tipped his hat to Strider with this new Ummum-thing. At first, I was not too psyched about half of the knife being G10 when the seb is all Ti, but the whole knife's structure falls on the Ti side... The Sebenza's stricture balances on the small screws... MORE LATER... pics maybe!

So if my large seb feels "just right" size wise, I'd be better to pick up a SnG rather then the PT? When you do post pics can you put your seb and PT next to each other for comparison? Thanks.

Dave

strider says the g-10 stiffens up the knife since titanium has a bit of flex to it, the g-10 being applied in layers makes it incredibly rigid. The combination makes the knife rock solid. it's pretty true, i have two of the sng and i love that the handle slab and back spacer are one piece of g-10, and they are the perfect size for an edc and when opened the choil on the blade allows for a forward grip that works like a fixed blade, great knives, i have a tanto blade for my edc, gen 6?? i guess w/ hinderer lock stop. go for it, never had a sebenza but striders are certainly worth it.

I'm a big fan of the large Sebenza and gave the SnG a shot, on a whim. It was simply not up to snuff for the price. Fit and finish was leagues lower when it came to the little details. The lock up was jagged and lacked the perfection of the Sebenza. The lock bar cut out is outrageously thin, assaulting my confidence in what is supposed to be the tougher knife. Not to mention, despite the choil being present and useful, the gun stock shape of the back end of the handle felt forced and crude in my hand. The thick, flat ground blade bound up like a brick in everything I tried to cut, to boot. I'd say it's a far cry from the large Sebenza in every aspect save perhaps pure prying and the warranty, not that CRK's is in any way shabby. You get you money's worth in a Sebenza, especially if you have the experience to see the subtleties, but the same was far from the case with my SnG experience. I traded it within a month.

I really dig the Strider CC series. They carry so well. I'm constantly rechecking my pocket to see if my DDC SnG CC is still there it rides so smooth and silent!

Matador-

i have a perfect PT but all the other striders i have brought has been less than well built.

all three (GB, SNG, SNG tanto) had MASSIVE pivot movment! i sent them to the strider ''SPA'' with a letter explaining this and all they did was send them back to me with out doing anything or explaining anything, not even sharpend them!!!

i love my PT and hope i never have to send it in...

there is MUCH better out there for the $$$'s (imho)

all you get off other forums is they are functional?! do you want a $200,000 Aston Martin with the body pannels held on with duct tape, not me...

do they make a strider pt cc with carbon fiber and stonewashed blade?

haven't found one yet but I keep looking

PT Small Frame Folder

12/29/11 I just talked to Josh and no PT parts are ordered at this time. So my guess there will be none for the next 6-9 months! Just a guess on my part. He said there maybe a little update to it!

this was listed on a dealers website regarding the pt

The PT is one of my favorites. I carry mine far more than my small Sebenza.

I do wish the PT was a bit bigger, though. The SNG is a little too big and the PT a little too small.

Back