strider SmF questions

Says the other new guy with 20 whole posts... :rolleyes:
There is no need to advocate counterfeiters, it serves no real purpose. I can assure you that the quality and materials are most certainly not the same. In the end your cash, do what tou have to do.

i am new to the forums but i have ben carrying pocket knives for probaly 3 years know.....

i wont buy that because:

1.it is not made in the usa
2. i want a real strider with their quality
3.fakes drive up the cost of the real product
4. strider has a good waranty
5. it does not bother me to use a high dollar knife
6. i hate fakes in all products in general

i would never buy or carry that knife because it is more than likely a piece of shit and it is a fake

i dont carry knives, flashlights,multitools etc...... that are not made in the usa. i feel the need to support U.S workers because i live in michigan and i see what happens when people dont buy usa made products aka the auto industry. i know alot of people out of work because of rice burners

i am new to the forums but i have ben carrying pocket knives for probaly 3 years know.....

i wont buy that because:

1.it is not made in the usa
2. i want a real strider with their quality
3.fakes drive up the cost of the real product
4. strider has a good waranty
5. it does not bother me to use a high dollar knife
6. i hate fakes in all products in general

i would never buy or carry that knife because it is more than likely a piece of shit and it is a fake

i dont carry knives, flashlights,multitools etc...... that are not made in the usa. i feel the need to support U.S workers because i live in michigan and i see what happens when people dont buy usa made products aka the auto industry. i know alot of people out of work because of rice burners

Agreed. You definitely seem to have a better outlook on high-end pieces than most new members. :thumbup:

This is the answer (of course). I have four Striders, btw, and have never had any develop vertical or horizontal play. Being a little compulsive, I did take apart and relube my first SnG. I haven't touched the next three that I bought and that should probably tell you something. :thumbup:

Someone is over thinking it.

Wait until you get the knife and use it for awhile and see if anything develops before worrying about what may or may not happen.

Wow, what great advice. If I were a mod, there'd be an infraction for recommending cheap knock-offs that are nothing more than theft from the legitimate manufacturer and often place the buyer/user in physical danger. :thumbdn: :rolleyes: :mad: :barf: But thanks for your contribution.

Don't take this the bad way but you being new to this place and all you should be aware that there are fake exact chinese copies of the smf that are like 70$.

Just saying keep your options open and think real hard be4 spending 500$ when a lot of other companies like spyderco have MUCH more reasonable prices and just as good materials and are made in the USA if that's a moral concern 4 you.

Strider%2BSmf.JPG

plus you won't feel bad about using and messing the less expensive and extravagant knives

Not just his cash, but his fingers. But some people have to learn the hard way. :(

Says the other new guy with 20 whole posts... :rolleyes:
There is no need to advocate counterfeiters, it serves no real purpose. I can assure you that the quality and materials are most certainly not the same. In the end your cash, do what tou have to do.

Back