Strider SnG - CC or Lego

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sufler

Gold Member
So, which variant is your preference for an EDC? The concealed carry or regular lego version?

Pics would be great too!

Thanks!

:thumbup:

I personally like the more hand filling Lego version...can't go wrong with either yet I carry my Lego SMF most every day and will often forget that it's there.

Last edited:
The lego feels sturdier to me but the top edge eats the back of my hand up. Might have to file it or something

I like the Lego. Just can't see spending all that extra money for the CC.

I had a lego SMF and it felt to bulky in my pocket, now I got an SMF CC, and I feel like it is my cup of tea.

Same ol knife rules apply. You won't know for yourself until you try both! I've owned 5 SnGs 2x CC & 3x Lego. The CC obviously carries better in the pocket, but for me the Lego SnG is where it's at. I pretty much prefer every aspect of the Lego over the CC. Looks, feel, sturdiness, cost, ect... If the CC contours were more like the Strider mSJ75 I would consider another one but as is they remove too much material IMO.

Same ol knife rules apply. You won't know for yourself until you try both! I've owned 5 SnGs 2x CC & 3x Lego. The CC obviously carries better in the pocket, but for me the Lego SnG is where it's at. I pretty much prefer every aspect of the Lego over the CC. Looks, feel, sturdiness, cost, ect... If the CC contours were more like the Strider mSJ75 I would consider another one but as is they remove too much material IMO.

Holy Xxap! Is this the mighty iAMboognish replying in my thread? I've been watching your Sebenza vs Strider vs Military vids. Good stuff!

:thumbup:

I have both and enjoy them equally for what suits my mood at the time. If I had to choose between the two, however, I'd probably prefer CC. The smooth handles and sleek feel in hand and pocket just feels a little nicer to me.

I'd like to say hello to archieblue aka iAMboognish as well. You were one of the first and favorite "knife" channels I ever started watching.

Personally, I think the CC feels a bit better in the hand and rides a little thinner in the pocket but I don't think the difference in sturdiness would be noticeable for the user. If there is a difference, it's negligible. If you have larger hands, the Lego might fill your palm a bit better. I sold my Lego version over a year ago for reasons other than the handle shape and have since received a CC that I'm very happy with.

For my medium to large hands, the ergonomics of the CC as well as the more refined look of the contours gets my vote, for what it's worth.
IMG_3125.jpg

IMG_3126.jpg

I owned a lego SNG that was just too blocky for me to feel comfortable carrying around. Loved the solid feel of the knife though. The CC is slimmer overall right but is the blade itself slimmer than the lego version? If so I'd look at picking one up myself to try.

On the SnG, I like the way the CC carries. It just disappears in the pocket. I prefer the "Lego" on the bigger SMF.

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 52
Thanks guys! I should mention that I have XL hands. May be a factor of why I personally prefer the Lego. It's also just more of what I prefer in this type of knife. Grippy, a little more rugged, ect...

By the way, it looks to me like the screw heads protrude out of the handle on the CC version. Less so on the Lego version. Is this correct? Does this make it feel any different?

Thanks!

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back