Strike auto broke after 2 days

I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem

The short story is, I got this in the mail 4/12. Today 4/14, I noticed the blade had lateral play, and when I looked close, I saw the D head of the pivot was pulled into the handle and I couldn't get it lined back up. I took the knife apart, and found the... shelf?... the pivot D head rests on had broken off, and the pivot just pulls straight through the handle. It appears it was milled too thin and the circumference was like 90% cut through, with just the top still connected, and that broke off.

I messaged Boker, but I suspect since the site I got it from (grindworx dot com) had taken it apart to convert it, and since I took it apart to see what was wrong, the warranty is voided. but it's obviously a manufacturing defect.

ya should contact grindworx directly on this one. used to be bokerusa didnt import or sell any of the autos so didnt warranty or deal with them at all...that may have changed though? I haven't been following closely.

I messaged Blade HQ and was given a link to their Auto Conversion repair request. Submitted that, and over a week later I haven't heard from them. This whole thing is really disappointing.

I messaged Blade HQ and was given a link to their Auto Conversion repair request. Submitted that, and over a week later I haven't heard from them. This whole thing is really disappointing.
yeah very disappointing. maybe reach out again.......make sure it didn't fall though the cracks.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem

The short story is, I got this in the mail 4/12. Today 4/14, I noticed the blade had lateral play, and when I looked close, I saw the D head of the pivot was pulled into the handle and I couldn't get it lined back up. I took the knife apart, and found the... shelf?... the pivot D head rests on had broken off, and the pivot just pulls straight through the handle. It appears it was milled too thin and the circumference was like 90% cut through, with just the top still connected, and that broke off.

I messaged Boker, but I suspect since the site I got it from (grindworx dot com) had taken it apart to convert it, and since I took it apart to see what was wrong, the warranty is voided. but it's obviously a manufacturing defect.
Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't had the best experience with us.
Please send an email marked "attention Heather" to info@bladehq.com with your order number.
I would be happy to look into this for you.

Kind regards,
Heather

Back