Stripped, contoured, polished 4.

Great work as always:thumbup:

looks like I may have to strip my 4 sometime in the not to distant future. The finish is pretty hammered......

PSSSSSSSSTT, did you hear about the Laser Strike Folder?? :cool:

Wow, that is beautiful work. What are you thinking in terms of rust protection?

-Connor

Keeping it dry:D

Really, I don't coat my blades. I wash it with hot water when I'm finished using it in the kitchen. It it gets wet outside, I just dry it off. It requires a little attention, but it is worth it to have a nice blade made of 1095.

Tom, I must say your pictures on all threads are just great! I agree, if I had to choose just one ESEE it would be the 4. It just does most all things required of me. My other is the 6 which I've not used yet because I busted my self up this winter in a fall.

Come warmer weather that baby is coming out!

Vin

I stripped the coating. Then used emory cloth and finally a Scotchbright pad.

The edge is all done on a Spyderco Sharpmaker.

Can you explain exactly what you did to the edge and how? New to the sharpmaker, just got my diamond and ultra fine rods in yesterday.....I'm assuming you didn't do a standard sharpening job like they detail....

Tom, I must say your pictures on all threads are just great! I agree, if I had to choose just one ESEE it would be the 4. It just does most all things required of me. My other is the 6 which I've not used yet because I busted my self up this winter in a fall.

Come warmer weather that baby is coming out!

Vin

Thank you for the compliment on my photos. Amazing what an old Sony Mavica with a 2.1 lens that still uses floppy disks can do.

Back