1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 21 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Megatherium!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives Megatherium, Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, May 25; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Stripped Rucki

Discussion in 'Swamp Rat Knives' started by Terry_Test, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Terry_Test

Terry_Test

Sep 8, 2013
    I've never stripped a blade before and this is the first sword I've owned. I love it 10x more now that it is naked and had a vinegar bath!! This thing looks killer now.

Started life as: [​IMG]

Arctic white coating and black&tan G10.

Now:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And a heavy Instagram filter job:
    [​IMG]

Just wanted to share, because first it was knives, then tomahawks, and now I fear it may be Busse/kin swords...

2. ozgooner

ozgooner

Sep 24, 2011
    Thanks for sharing. That there is some nice work. Just ordered a Rucki last week and this just makes me want one even more. :thumbup:

3. Terry_Test

Terry_Test

Sep 8, 2013
    Thanks! There's some very small areas near handles where there is slight traces of coating- the stripper I used was kind of a pain to deal with, but I'm really pleased with the end result on a first try for all of it. Sanded it down after from 300-1200 grit, quickly, and did a balsamic vinegar patina. Had no idea how long to leave it on. Next I'm planning to do a real garbage sheath for it :)