stripped sr101 vs stripped 1095 corrosion?

I've carried exposed 1095 for years while backpacking and have always thought peoples fears of it rusting were way over rated. I want to strip my rmd but my buddy who i recently gave my sycko 711 keeps bitching about the corrosion after he stripped it! is it that much of a noticeable difference in corrosion from 1095. And i always either blue or mustard patina my carbons.

Neither will be good, but SR101 should definitely be better with about 3+% Cr. But you still need to protect your equipment from corrosion. Your bud probably had 440 steel knives and this may be his first carbon steel blade.

thanks cobalt. Hey I gather you're a hog guy from your quote and pic. Can u recommend a busse design for me? I have an ash-1 but would like a less exaggerated drop point around a 1/4" thick and choiless? any designs that come to mind that would be similar to those requirements?

From my experiences they both rust very easily if not cared for.

As far as a Busse blade some of the proto Boss Jacks didnt have choils on them and if you can get by with a choil the NOe is a hell of a knife.

I will go out on a limb and say Cobalt will recomend a SHBM, just a shot in the dark guess :)

LOL, well, he doesn't like choils, so I would recommend a basic10LE with no choil from the sales forum

Back