Stripper question

i'm getting a china doll trailmaster that I bought on the bay in a week or two and i'm thinking of stripping her. What can I use as a chemical stripper that won't ruin the krayton? Or do I need to stick with plain old sandpaper? Also are the guards brass under the paint or something else?

Last edited:
Just tape off the handle. I use Citristrip to clean off blade coatings, and if you are worried you can wrap your handle in some painter's plastic before you tape off the blade end.

Klean-Strip Aircraft Paint Remover
Non-Corrosive to Common Metals
Whether it’s removing finishes from metallic surfaces of bicycles, trucks or automobiles, a paint stripper will do the job very well. But how do you find a good one that is both functional and economical? We have the right solution for you.

The Klean-Strip Aircraft Paint Remover helps you do a professional job of your paint removing work. The paint remover is a fast acting, heavy bodied formula that is an excellent choice for stripping multiple layers of paint. It is adept at removing various finishes such as baked enamel, epoxies, lacquers, acrylics, polyurethanes and more.

Thanks for the help everyone. For the time being I've decided to leave it as it is. The previous owner mirror polished the swedge and it provides a very cool contrast.

Back