Struck by the bullet(Lets see those 85's)

Yes, Cell, Will! I'll look up the brand when I can! Pretty worn, I kept it for the handle!

The Candle-ended teardrop goes back a few years, when Teardrops were a favored pattern!! Some oldies!! (older picture!)View attachment 1317559

Yep, they go back. Here is a page from the 1886 HSB catalog:
aK5EDma.jpg

I always loved the teardrop patter, 85 to most of you. We had Bill at GEC make our first knives in that pattern nd they came out great. Could not believe the price on just brought on ebay. I had forgotten that I had these 3 knives till I saw that on on ebay this past week. Bill made 2 each of them for Derek and I to show the different names were where going to offer.

Bill makes a great knife!!IMG_1764.jpg

Yep, they go back. Here is a page from the 1886 HSB catalog:
aK5EDma.jpg
I’ll take the third one down. These are an interesting size in comparison to GEC’s 85 pattern. The 85 is 3 5/8 inches closed. These H.S.B & Co. Teardrops are at 3.25 inches closed and the top one is even smaller.

I’ll take the third one down. These are an interesting size in comparison to GEC’s 85 pattern. The 85 is 3 5/8 inches closed. These H.S.B & Co. Teardrops are at 3.25 inches closed and the top one is even smaller.

Those were the only examples of bullet end that I could find at the time. But larger sizes were available in barehead, these images are also from the 1886 HSB catalog.
p9KN1RV.jpg

wVukYY3.jpg

Back