Stuck Shirogorov Screw

When you have a stripped screw like this, pliers won't work. The screw is recessed inside the collar. I tried to drill it out, which did not work either.
2zJbVQ3.jpg

When you have a stripped screw like this, pliers won't work. The screw is recessed inside the collar. I tried to drill it out, which did not work either.

The same company which makes the great screw-extraction pliers also makes this tool, model DBZ-60G, designed to extract countersunk and recessed screws:

DBZ60_1.jpg

I've never used this tool, but I'd expect it to be as well-designed and well-manufactured as the screw-extraction pliers I own.

You can also get this tool from Vampire Tools, model number VMP-VT-RSE-60; it's the same tool, sold by the manufacturer's USA distributor.

Last edited:
You take your shiro apart without taking of the bottom screw (perhaps) and then go from there. Try not to lose your shiro balls.
You can try squeezing two scales together to hold the female end from rotating. Is there a backspacer, that you can't get in there with pliers? K never mind.
If your pivot is free spinning you can, with blade in open position, apply side pressure on the blade it stops pivot from rotating. I've done this second part after stripping a screw. Then I drilled a slot for my flat screwdriver in male end and after applying side pressure on blade the pivot finally broke loose. So that's where that first idea comes from.

Edit: after watching some disassembly videos. Maybe your hati is on washers and you can, after loosening the pivot, generate the force needed to hold the back from spinning, by pushing scales apart. I saw there's an internal pin for backspacer that might prevent the knife from coming apart just with pivot only being free.
Sorry boss don't got your knife and it looked like your still struggling, hence my 5cents

Last edited:
If your pivot is free spinning you can, with blade in open position, apply side pressure on the blade it stops pivot from rotating. Exercise caution.

This is what I had to do to get mine open.
Boiled it and then wedged the blade against one side of the scales, which pinched the pivot enough to give me some grip to pop it open.

Back