Stupid friend.

Dan GSR

BOUNCED EMAIL: I need to update my email address in my profile!
My friend wanted to check out my BM42S so I let him twirl it a lil...not really paying attention to him. I was watching the Super Bowl. When I hear a thunk. He dropped my 42 on the ceramic part of the floor. When he was sitting over carpeting. OMG. He put a nic in my blade. Luckily I was able to sharpen most of it out. I'm still upset that it happened.....Errr

Yeah, I've got a couple stupid friends too. I've had that happen before. I won't let someone who does'nt know how to handle a knife play with one unless it's over a bed or couch or something like that with lotsa padding. Sorry bout the ding in yer blade.....RDT

Don'cha wish somebody would make a 100+ dollar bali that wasn't so damn fragile?

I've droped my (custom) pos Jags more then a few times, and have yet to bend/knick or totally break off the point.

I only use the 42 I have for show n' tell.. When I'm in that flippy mode, I play with the Jags.

Philthy

Huh. I must be lucky, but I've dropped my bm43 point-first onto carpet-covered concrete several times (accidentally, of course), and the tip is still just about needle-like (as the half-dozen puncture wounds in my right hand can attest to). So far, _I'm_ getting damaged far more than the bali.

Man, you guys are making me feel stupid. ;) Most of my practicing is done over the concrete floor in the garage at work, and I must drop it on average about twice a day. :rolleyes: I think my knives are generally safer in the hands of my friends.

no really Dave your funny as hell. I never let my stupid friends play with my BM's. I tell them they are sacred and their sorry asses aren't worthy of handleing Ami and Marit. After all that's what I have Jags for.

heres an idea give your "stupid friends" Your old and used CCC to use if they promise to never touch your personal property. Thats what i did and it worked out great.

A guy at work asked to see my 42 today. He didn't drop it, but the dips**t ran his thumb across the blade. I wasn't watching at the time, but he muttered something like damn thats sharp and went running for the first-aid kit, while all the other guys are laughing and telling him what did you expect comeing from him, a dull one? Thanks to Edge-pro, it is very:D very, scary, sharpe!!!

Back