Subcom mods?

well i went out to pick up a knife for my brother as a birthday present. i guess he inherited my taste in knives because he went right for the subcom when we arrived at the store. he was really happy with it, and less than two hours later i was so impressed by the little knife i went back and picked up one for myself. its quite possibly my favorite knife, and for 40 bucks its defiantly the best deal i have ever gotten, i like this thing more than my brand new bm apparition, or sog x-ray!

so i was wondering has anyone here made any modifications to their subcom, i love customizing my knives and any ideas would be appreciated.

and thanks to Mr.Banos for making an amazing knife, and the perfect gift for my little brother.

You can also get a lot of the Subcom models online for about ~25-30 shipped....

Do a search for potterma :D. Makes nice scales - you could, of course, attempt to do a few for yourself - just make sure you wear a good rebreather for exotic woods and several of the synthetic plastics (G-10).

I believe someone did a nice random pattern job on the blade with a dremel - then smoothing it out with a satin finish applied with several grades of fine auto-body sandpaper.

Tritium inserts in your scales? :D

i just sent an email to potterma, man the scales he has put on his subcoms are awsome!!! hopefully i can work out a deal with him.

and tritium inserts or some kind of Titanium scales would be great...
i

Potterma does excellent work. Here is one he is working on for me now.

Biscuit1.jpg

well i went out to pick up a knife for my brother as a birthday present. i guess he inherited my taste in knives because he went right for the subcom when we arrived at the store. he was really happy with it, and less than two hours later i was so impressed by the little knife i went back and picked up one for myself. its quite possibly my favorite knife, and for 40 bucks its defiantly the best deal i have ever gotten, i like this thing more than my brand new bm apparition, or sog x-ray!

so i was wondering has anyone here made any modifications to their subcom, i love customizing my knives and any ideas would be appreciated.

and thanks to Mr.Banos for making an amazing knife, and the perfect gift for my little brother.

Mahalo much wannabemarine!

Glad you like the SF! It is quite addicting once you handle one...Also, you have found one of the Masters of SF pimping...in fact, IIRC, he is the ORIGINAL SF Master: potterma!!! He made a CF version for me, and a G11 and polypearl version for my wife. EXCELLENT work!

Keep us posted please and pics?;)

God bless and thanks again!:thumbup:

Back