Summer......

Well here in the Poconos it's going down to Freezing tonite but that's Ok because I know Summer is right around the corner. How?

3" is back in the pocket....

Gus is back.....

and despite 50* this morning this is how I drove in....

Nice pics. If those trees are all you see all the way around that is one nice place to live. Bet your hummingbird feeder is busy in the summer!

Nice pics. If those trees are all you see all the way around that is one nice place to live. Bet your hummingbird feeder is busy in the summer!

Four(4) HummingBird Feeders running now :) Yes that is ALL around 360* There are wild blueberry bushes in that shot as well as teaberry. The back is my shooting range and a stream as well as my hammock :) which is back maybe 100yds into the woods in a place I like to look ^^up^^.

Doc... get yourself a 3" if/when the opportunity presents itself (the 2 you got are 3.5" right?)

Last edited:
Beautiful place. I felt relaxed just looking at the pics.
Agree - 3" is the best. Perfect IMHO.

Wow, Thanks. It is the quietest place I have ever been. Top of a mountain, nothing around. Late at night I can hear the sounds of a freight train way off in the distance and that "woody" sound of its train horn.
It probably is where I am most relaxed and at peace.

Wow that pic from the hammock... don't know that I could ever extract myself from there.

And yes, both mine are 3.5. The handle fits my hand so well I don't know if I want to try a 3. What to do if it fits better?

Wow that pic from the hammock... don't know that I could ever extract myself from there.

And yes, both mine are 3.5. The handle fits my hand so well I don't know if I want to try a 3. What to do if it fits better?
Its not going to fit better. It will fit slightly different and in a really cool way that magically you will love - both.
My 3.5" are my favorites but Summer brings out my 3's.

I have a 3 inbound (my first Hinderer) Doc, and we have some history (knives in common). I'll let you know my take once it's here, but I'm betting its gonna' be similar to another iconic design that just "works" in multiple sizes (Commander).

There are wild blueberry bushes in that shot as well as teaberry.

Funny to hear you mention this. Teaberry in the Poconos reminds me of spending summers with a friend in Jim Thorpe, PA - place was surrounded by teaberry that we'd go pick and eat. And the first place I ever had teaberry gum as well.

Cool memory. I remember my first teaberry .... Walking in the Woods as a small boy, late fall with my Dad.
I did the same with all four of my kids.
They had that same reaction I did when my Dad told me to pick that little red berry and taste it.
Great memory.

Back