Sunday Picture Show... (2-26-2012) . . . ( OLD Show LOOK at the DATE...)

In keeping with the opening theme, here is another 102. I've shown this one before.
1994 blade, 1998 bill of sale. Box label WOODSMAN STAG / 0102-ST-0 / Cat. 694 Original bill of sale in box ... $52..... $50 for the knife and $2 for Twinkies. I always got a kick out of that purchase combination. The commisary twinkies must have been really stale.....

102Stag1994011.jpg

Twinkies stale......no way, those things will last forever;). I bet the knife was only bought to cut the Twinkies in half to share with a freind!
jb4570

The 901 Scimitar
Buck901Scimitar_4.jpg

I like the handle on your Scimitar.....:thumbup: I recently purchased one very similar only mine has stacked masonite on the handle. Very plain compared to yours and the blade is all chicken scratched with signatures. I hadn't researched it yet and didn't realize there was more than one. /Roger

Can anyone tell me if this is the right sheath for this sweet 102...
P4290696.jpg

All of my knives of that vintage came in flap sheaths. I date them loosely by the rivit on the back. I do not have a 3-line inverted but all of my 3-line uprights came in a sheath with the rivit like shown on the 102. All of my 2-liners came in a sheath with a smooth headed rivit like the 119. Your knife falls exactly between those two so perhaps either sheath may be correct.
BuckSheathsa.jpg

Can anyone tell me if this is the right sheath for this sweet 102...

P4290696.jpg

I don't think that this is the correct sheath for your inverted three liner.
The sheath seems to be from the early sixties. It looks like the sheath from my
1963 - 103.

Best,
Haebbie

Buck103Sheath1963.jpg

I like the handle on your Scimitar.....:thumbup: I recently purchased one very similar only mine has stacked
masonite on the handle. Very plain compared to yours and the blade is all chicken scratched with signatures. I hadn't researched it yet
and didn't realize there was more than one. /Roger

Yes, Roger, the burlwood looks great on this knife, even this one. It looks like it is translucent. I'm not able to show that in a picture.

Herbert

Howdy guys, great show so far!

Been looking foward to posting this one.

Many here may remember we lost my father-in-law last summer. He was the definition of a worker. His retirement plan was dieing and unfortunately he retired too early.
When going through his things I found a 560, like him it was a worker, the blade was shortened and reprofiled and all scratched up. Great character marks.

I sent it in to Joe at Buck for a reblade with the story of whos it was and what it meant. He was glad to undertake the task. To my delight, it came back better than I had hoped for, though I'm not surprized. My only regret is that I forgot to take before pics:grumpy:

When I showed it to my wife for the first time, she immediately cried, so you know it met here approval as well.

Here it is-thanks for looking.

BobHowellBuck560010.jpg

BobHowellBuck560003.jpg

BobHowellBuck560006.jpg

BobHowellBuck560007.jpg

Here is a couple pics with my other 560-I took a comparison pic, Bobs, which is older(forget what stamp it was) is considerably thicker with no frame bevel.

BobHowellBuck5600115.jpg

BobHowellBuck5600113.jpg

BobHowellBuck5600112.jpg

BobHowellBuck5600111.jpg

Just keeping in the 102 theme, here is the 102 Barrel Nut, this is the knife that goes in your sheath ITE, Your sheath is the same as mine.

Here is my addition to a great SPS this week!

It's one of only 75 made.
IMG_3547.jpg

IMG_3543.jpg

IMG_3544.jpg

jb4570

As to the 102 sheath, I'd go with what Haebbie and MBJ said.

I have this one......and I think it has the correct sheath as it came from a source where they should have stayed together.

007-3.jpg

So my guess, ITE......is that your sheath is quite a few years older than the knife.

e[eQUOTE=hkingdom;10555736]Great knives everyone.

DSCN1796.jpg

DSCN1797.jpg
[/QUOTE]
What is the model number or name of these knives? I really like them!

Howdy guys, great show so far!

Been looking foward to posting this one.

Many here may remember we lost my father-in-law last summer. He was the definition of a worker. His retirement plan was dieing and unfortunately he retired too early.
When going through his things I found a 560, like him it was a worker, the blade was shortened and reprofiled and all scratched up. Great character marks.

I sent it in to Joe at Buck for a reblade with the story of whos it was and what it meant. He was glad to undertake the task. To my delight, it came back better than I had hoped for, though I'm not surprized. My only regret is that I forgot to take before pics:grumpy:

When I showed it to my wife for the first time, she immediately cried, so you know it met here approval as well.

Here it is-thanks for looking.

BobHowellBuck560010.jpg

That 560 looks great... Thanks for sharing it... :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Here is my addition to a great SPS this week!

It's one of only 75 made.
IMG_3544.jpg

jb4570

Ok JB, your killing me for sure... Where did get that sweet Buffalo(Bison) 110... You still got my address I hope... :eek:
Call me... ;) ... ITE

As to the 102 sheath, I'd go with what Haebbie and MBJ said.

I have this one......and I think it has the correct sheath as it came from a source where they should have stayed together.

007-3.jpg

So my guess, ITE......is that your sheath is quite a few years older than the knife.

Early one liners could have come with the early flap over sheaths or the collar strap sheaths, as most of you know Buck Knives never threw anything away so they used the collar sheaths on the Barrel Nut knives as well as the early one line stamp knives. Nice Knife BG

Back