1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Super Bowie, A True Workhorse!!

Discussion in 'SOG Specialty Knives' started by Carney C, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Hunter Sharp

Hunter Sharp

Feb 9, 2011
    I'm not a big SOG fan but damn that's a sweet blade! I also want to get my hands on a Creed.

2. Hunter Sharp

Hunter Sharp

Feb 9, 2011
    Still doesn't touch the T-Rex though! :D

3. Carney C

Carney C

May 29, 2009
    Or the GZilla. I don't know of a factory blade that can

4. New Pig Hunter

New Pig Hunter

Dec 4, 2002
    With so many knives out there, it is "impossible" for me to state categorically that 1 particular knife is my "favorite."

With that said, the Tigershark is really something special. Years ago I was doing some unscientific field testing. I found a few 5" diameter tree limbs and hacked through those no sweat, it was like the razor-sharp blade just glided on through. Of particular note was the total lack of hand shock during the chopping. I was quite amazed, as I had expected lots of discomfort. But there was none.
    here's a thread on-topic from a while back ...
    http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/258827

Cheers,

Carl

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  5. Carney C

Carney C

May 29, 2009
    I want a Tigershark. I think a Super Bowie for one of the newer Sharks would be more than fair. I want to test it, & now on disability I can't afford one to test,then put the tests on here. It has sentimental value but if someone wants to swap a Tigershark for a Super Bowie, pm me

6. Carney C

Carney C

May 29, 2009
    Tapatalk doesn't give me an option to post pics on BF? Everyother site does

7. Samus_aran115

Samus_aran115

Feb 15, 2012
    Wow, that finish holds up fantastically. It's like gun blueing, except probably more durable.

8. ron finkbeiner jr

ron finkbeiner jr

Jan 6, 2012
    I really dig the sheath! Who makes it?