Surefire fake?

I'm not anywhere a flashlight guru, all I can contribute is that I've seen that same packing at my local Lowe's. Don't have a clue if the lights are packaged differently for different distributors. The light looks ligit. Does it have the U.S. patent stamp on it ?

I'm not anywhere a flashlight guru, all I can contribute is that I've seen that same packing at my local Lowe's. Don't have a clue if the lights are packaged differently for different distributors. The light looks ligit. Does it have the U.S. patent stamp on it ?
Yes it does thank you

Hello my fellow edc enthusiast I recently ordered a surefire edcl1-t and was wondering how to tell if it’s fake or counterfeit. Could someone with some surefire experience compare their surefire to mine and provide some tips for future purchases.

From where did you purchase it? If you bought from a reputable seller, then you shouldn't worry about it. Less so from Amazon, as it's possible that someone bought a real one from Amazon and a counterfeit from elsewhere, then returned the counterfeit to Amazon (which gets sold to someone else). Always a risk when buying certain knives from Amazon.

I purchased from amazon but the light comes in a sealed clamshell container so idk
From where did you purchase it? If you bought from a reputable seller, then you shouldn't worry about it. Less so from Amazon, as it's possible that someone bought a real one from Amazon and a counterfeit from elsewhere, then returned the counterfeit to Amazon (which gets sold to someone else). Always a risk when buying certain knives from Amazon.

Yeah the folks who can make a fake Surefire for sure don't have a clamshell packaging machine too.

This is one reason why I don’t purchase much of anything, particularly higher end items, from Amazon anymore. You never know what you’re getting.

Would the parkerized pocket clip be a factor? Ik that’s how most knife guys determine wether or not their Benchmade is fake

Yours looks legit to me from the pictures in your other thread.
How does it feel in hand? Have you got any other Surefires to compare it to?

I'd never seen them before either. I just searched it and only saw a few weaponlight counterfeits.

If you're unsure, just chuck it on the ground a few times with varying force. If it breaks its fake. If it shrugs it off and lights right up probably real.

That is terrible advice, please don't do that. Although I'm quite certain it won't break, just not a great idea😁

I'd never seen them before either. I just searched it and only saw a few weaponlight counterfeits.

If you're unsure, just chuck it on the ground a few times with varying force. If it breaks its fake. If it shrugs it off and lights right up probably real.

That is terrible advice, please don't do that. Although I'm quite certain it won't break, just not a great idea😁
He's not wrong. Surefire is solid. And because it's solid it's expensive. There are lots of dealers who are 100% trustworthy where you can find it.

And if you budget doesn't stretch to that there are lots of other very reliable weapons lights to chose from.

Just put "Fake Surefire Flashlight" in the search and you'll see videos and discussions on AR15.com and Candlepower Forums and more.

Back