1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

SurfWatch blocks BusseCombat.com

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by James Mattis, Mar 29, 2000.

1. James Mattis

James Mattis

Oct 3, 1998
    Bussecombat.com is one of the many knife sites blocked by the SurfWatch Internet filtering program, probably as a "violent" place, not suitable for children. [​IMG]

See the thread at http://www.bladeforums.com/ubb/Forum54/HTML/000065.html

------------------
    - JKM
    www.chaicutlery.com
    AKTI Member # SA00001

[This message has been edited by James Mattis (edited 03-29-2000).]

2. Andy Prisco

Andy Prisco

Nov 2, 1999
    Thanks Jim...we will check this out.

------------------
    Andy Prisco, Manager
    Sharper Instinct, LLC
    Phone: 1-201-493-2469
    Orders-Toll Free: 1-877-557-5200
    Fax: 1-201-493-2039
    Visa & Mastercard Accepted

Authorized Dealers:
    Busse Combat Knives and Big East Traditional Bows

Professional Shooting Svcs: Corporate Training and Stress Mgmt.

Busse Combat Variant Temp. HQ http://home.earthlink.net/~gregrnamin/andy/sharper.htm

Sharper Instinct Website www.sharperinstinct.com

3. tknife

tknife Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 18, 1999
    I wonder if it because it's a knife site, or because Combat is in the title? Very interesting.

4. E__WOK

E__WOK

Aug 8, 1999
    There might be a way to get around surf watch. I remember when I was in the military, I couldn't access ar15.com directly. I was able to access the website through an email link.

5. Aubrey

Aubrey

Mar 28, 1999
    I think it is because of the naked steel images .....wrap them up and I am sure it will pass......or maybe it is because they know that the exposure of young pure minds will generate an addiction to superior cutlery that cannot be satisfied by the mere purchase of one Busse blade ...... I found out too late.

6. Joel Stave

Joel Stave

Oct 10, 1998
    It may be because of the word "Mistress" in "Battle Mistress". At an old employer of mine, that word triggered the filtering software. (and no, that wasn't the reason I left).