1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 21 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Megatherium!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives Megatherium, Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, May 25; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Surls DPH Mod

Discussion in 'W.A. Surls Knives (formerly WAS Knives)' started by Southern Gent, May 23, 2018.

1. Southern Gent

Southern Gent Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2015
    Just received my AMAZING stag and stacked leather DPH from Allen @allen456 and what an AMAZING knife. Love the comfort, weight and fit & finish. Wanted to accentuate the frontier theme of the knife so I inset a buffalo nickel I had into the butt end of the handle. Came out pretty good IMO. Next up will be a custom sheath I'm currently working on the pattern. Stay tuned...

IMG_3009.JPG IMG_3014.JPG IMG_3015.JPG IMG_3016.JPG IMG_3017.JPG

FOG2, FeralGentleman, jaz322 and 11 others like this.
  2. Nbrackett

Nbrackett Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 19, 2015
    Very cool. I really like that one. Dibs if you every part with it. :)

varga49 and Southern Gent like this.
  3. allen456

allen456 Moderator Moderator

Nov 13, 2012
    Looks good my friend

4. Southern Gent

Southern Gent Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2015
    Duly noted. :thumbsup:

Choppaman, varga49 and Nbrackett like this.
  5. Warrior108

Warrior108 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Wow, that's a nice touch! Great work and kudos to having big'uns to do that with a hand drill, or heck, even at all. :D:thumbsup: (not that I doubt your mad skills ;))

6. Comprehensivist

Comprehensivist Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 23, 2008
    Cool project and nice work Justen. I dig doing well thought out mods to make a knife your own. The buffalo nickel fits the theme of that knife very well. :thumbsup:

Phil

varga49 likes this.
  7. cbach8tw

cbach8tw Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2006
    I got an idea, when you build the sheath, place some silver dollar conchos on it, give it a southwestern appearance.

Odaon likes this.
  8. lmalterna

lmalterna Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 12, 2002
    I am still modding kitchen knives. Have not had the guts to mod a custom yet! Very nice idea and work. Love that knife.

Bill