Survive! Custom scale and sheaths. User Pics?

Ok, here is the story with the "Witness Tree" handles. A man I know, who I met through a friend, works with the National Park Service in Gettysburg and is also a great wood worker. He collects wood from the battlefield, as trees are cut down or fall down, in an attempt to save this historically significant wood. He makes all kind of things with this wood and also had a man who was making him "knives" with wooden handles. One day I saw one of these knives and joked that it looked more like a letter opener. Long story short, I ended up making a small batch of these knives for him. I had the wood resin stabilized, to help preserve it and increase the durability. I believe we ended up making him about 22 knives with the wood he supplied and matched them up with Sagewood Leather sheaths.

Here is a story from the Gettysburg paper, that tells a bit more about Bill: http://www.eveningsun.com/local/ci_24538958/adams-county-man-turns-witness-tree-wood-into

Sorry for the wrong info it was a while ago when we spoke about.

Neat read, its a bit sad that his thank you letter had "Gettysburg" misspelled. Must have had one t or maybe a silent p somewhere :)

4.1 factory second no jimping.
Ghost jade scales from Survive.
1/32 red G10 liners fitted by me
Tops BOB dangler sheath …wet formed by me.

7/7… #02 of 200 from the pre-order
Green scales
Sagewood Gear dangler with fire steel

playing with g10 again… to thick, aborted this size. Waiting for time to fab up thinner liners.

Thanks for posting all the pics guys! So many variations and rigs. Those scales made from the historical wood are lovely. With only 22 units in circulation I am sure they are treasured. I have some antler and might get some exotic wood scale blocks off ebay and give it a go. Great pictures all!

I think I posted this before but Spen at JRE Industries made a sheath for my 4.1 with a dangler and firesteel loop…and left-handed. :)

20141125%20IMG_8376.JPG

B

SK-4 with universal kydex extension and ferro-rod loop, and another with a leather sheath by "LF" from Utah to which I added a dangle-loop

P1010612.JPG
P1010626.JPG
P1020666.JPG
P1020673.JPG
P1020675.JPG
P1010611.JPG

Halestorm, dang. Those look great. Now I need to take another look at your website. I've always liked the idea of synthetics and those GSO 10 and the orange and green look awesome.

EDIT: You could make just the kydex and nylon attachment for an original GSO sheath, right?

Thank you. The Orange and green is my fishing rig for my 3.5. I can make the danglers that fit the survive sheaths. I can actually make them to fit any sheath.

Halestorm, dang. Those look great. Now I need to take another look at your website. I've always liked the idea of synthetics and those GSO 10 and the orange and green look awesome.

EDIT: You could make just the kydex and nylon attachment for an original GSO sheath, right?

YES, I can build whatever you like.

Here are my sheaths from SageWood.
5.1 belt sheath
4.1 scout sheath, currently set for left hand ride.
3.5 scout sheath, currently set for right hand ride.

I can't say enough about the quality of SageWood sheaths. Top notch work.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427501351.439253.jpg

Had SageWood build a piggyback system for the 5.1 and 3.5. It is rock solid and the cant of the 3.5 is perfect. Very easy to grab either blade.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427501663.603270.jpg

Hard Knox, the first picture of all three sheaths shows the 5.1 and 3.5 separated. The piggyback was an after thought, I had already ordered the sheaths. It's the best of everything IMHO.

Here are my sheaths from SageWood.
5.1 belt sheath
4.1 scout sheath, currently set for left hand ride.
3.5 scout sheath, currently set for right hand ride.

I can't say enough about the quality of SageWood sheaths. Top notch work.

View attachment 528465

Had SageWood build a piggyback system for the 5.1 and 3.5. It is rock solid and the cant of the 3.5 is perfect. Very easy to grab either blade.
View attachment 528466

Looks pretty sweet!
I also ordered a sagewood sheath for my newly acquired 5.1
I'm sure the 8 week wait time is gona be worth it!

I'll definitely be in touch when I have some money saved up after this GSO binge.

I didn't see any items on your website, should I search on ebay before contacting you?

Just pm or email me. PM's work best and are the quickest. Once we start the conversation, we can switch to my personal email to make it easier.

I regret my website has little info. I need to get it updated and post some pics as well.

Finally made my spare 3.5 into a "hokie" knife
burgandy(as close to maroon as i could get) handles with orange liners. The liners could use a little more work, but i was pleased with where they were for now:

Back