Survive Folder Review

First of all, a huuuuuuge thank you goes out to Tony R for this little beauty. It's made with maple and carbon fiber. The amount of friction is perfect and it really does add an extra dimension of usefulness to the necker! I took some photos with a Necker-2 as well to show the size comparison. I have to be honest, the necker was never my favorite because I crave having a handle. Tony's solution is spot on and really handy. The shape of the blade prohibits it from being used in too high force activities so the lack of a "lock" really isn't an issue at all. Tony's design and craftsmanship is truly top notch as well. If you want to see Tony's awesome work in progress, give him a follow on social media! @inrangedesign . I should be 100% clear that I am in no way affiliated, just a very happy fan that thinks great work deserves equal level of praise!

a592041a19a058347b51785bde3dce64.jpg
7f2276d1b769363f03e05aa15055486c.jpg
f211d4c5814c706356692b317ae8c0e6.jpg
48e860e70c8b42e6bae5d527496bec9d.jpg
e26be36c882f673e38eb503f30913f3b.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, guys, for the complements. I love working on the S!K lineup, and that people here appreciate the work.

Awesome, let's hope one day Guy releases a folder, it would be killer I'm sure:thumbup:

In case anyone is looking close, I did try to get the screw heads to line up for you guys. I try for the professional touch when I can...

Thanks for posting pictures.

While waiting for the 4.7's and 2.7's to finish production and the 7/7s and long-awaited 4.1s to start coming out in big batches, i thought I'd bump this thread because... well, isn't it obvious? This is awesome work. That is all. :cool:

Hey! I recognize that. I recently got to do this one for Ricky. His was stolen (the #070 in the photos above). Someone helped him get another necker, and I thought it would be cool to make him another folder handle. It was my last set of hardware, so it was cool to get this done.

uLCEzLK.jpg

And by the way, I would love more than anything to have a folder from S!K. That would put me over the top as far as getting excited about a new blade!!!!

Hey! I recognize that. I recently got to do this one for Ricky. His was stolen (the #070 in the photos above). Someone helped him get another necker, and I thought it would be cool to make him another folder handle. It was my last set of hardware, so it was cool to get this done.

uLCEzLK.jpg

And by the way, I would love more than anything to have a folder from S!K. That would put me over the top as far as getting excited about a new blade!!!!

I still love my folder you made me, a true gem and something truly special! That blu died one you worked up for Ricky is crazy cool, almost like a Monet painting. Absolute functional art!

Back