SURVIVE! safe queens?!

I know there are some unique models of S! knives out there, like numbered first preorder runs, nutnfancy model 5.1's, super rare witness tree wood handled models.

Do you have a GSO that won't get used or sold? If yes, why?

I'm really torn with what I'll do when my GSO 5 arrives. Since before the starter happened I thought this could be my grail knife, so why not enjoy it's perfect dimensions and ergos? The other part of me knows there won't be more being made so I'd hate to do something stupid while using it or even lose it in the woods.

Got more than enough queens. All my S!K's will get real use. I guess thats part of the appeal to me. Can understand folks wanting to protect historical models or such however 😍.

I have a 4.1 in 20cv with a mirror finish on the flats that never gets any use cause now it's just too pretty and a backup 4.1 in 3v that gets tortured on a daily basis.

I've owned 3 GSO-10s, 2 GSO-4.1s, 2 SK-4s, 2 NeckerIIs, a Necker, and a GSO-5.1.
I've posted images/videos of one GSO-10 being used, damaged, modified, etc. I love that knife :thumbup:
I've posted videos/images of some of the others being used hard as well, but I've only managed to hang onto one of the SK-4s. The others I sold to raise money for my growing family at various times, I sold the other GSO-10s to raise money for a family that lost their mother. Hopefully those blades are getting use elsewhere.
So all I have left is a beat-on GSO-10 and a beat-on SK-4. But I'm looking forward to the arrival of Starter 3.5, 4.1, 4.7, 5.1, & 12 :cool:

I've had two GSO 5.1's, a 7/7 and a 4.1. I've sold both 5.1's and the 7/7 and have held on to the 4.1 in 3v which gets used about once a month. Unfortuanly I don't get out into the woods much lately.

Since starting this thread I ordered one of the last GSO 5 factory 2nds. This is in addition to a factory 1st that was ordered earlier.

The 5 is something I've been wanting for a long time. Now that the 5 is going extinct I'll keep my 1st 5 pristine, but beat on the factory 2nd like it insulted mommy. I'm also looking forward to comparing it to the 4.7 I have coming.

Last edited:
I have some GSO's that spend more time in the safe than others, but just because I do not have as common of a need for them as others. My first GSO was the 4.1 and it gets the most use. My favorite is a first run GSO 5.0 (#45) and it will never be sold, but only because it is my favorite fixed blade I own and feels to me the way a knife should feel in the hand. I forget about it being a first run and numbered often and to me those are cool features of the knife, but I wouldn't let that prevent me from using it for what Guy intended it to be used for. My 10 is a beast and it gets the least use these days, but it will never leave my possession either because it inspires greatness.

I have some GSO's that spend more time in the safe than others, but just because I do not have as common of a need for them as others. My first GSO was the 4.1 and it gets the most use. My favorite is a first run GSO 5.0 (#45) and it will never be sold, but only because it is my favorite fixed blade I own and feels to me the way a knife should feel in the hand. I forget about it being a first run and numbered often and to me those are cool features of the knife, but I wouldn't let that prevent me from using it for what Guy intended it to be used for. My 10 is a beast and it gets the least use these days, but it will never leave my possession either because it inspires greatness.

Cool, well put, man!

I've had only one safe queen. It was a DLC coated 5 that I didn't want to scratch up so I sold it to a friend after two weeks.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435378115.920331.jpg
Every other GSO that I've had get used the day they arrive.

Last edited:
Man. I would send you my Sk!s because of what you have done for others. You're a good person. You're rare these days. Thank you for thinking of others and letting us know.

Back