Survivor (the show) what knife is that?

Joyce Laituri

The fixed blade used in the new Survivor II show, anyone know what it is and who makes it? Think it's a Boker but not sure.....
Gotta satisfy my curiosity!

Joyce

Are you talking about the one with the slight recurve to the blade, and what looks like a wooden handle, brass guard? I asked about that on another forum the other day, never got a answer. It looks like a cross between one of the Brend fighters on Robertson's site, and a Muela fighter (I think), from, like, CAS Iberia, or something.

------------------
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. - Ambrose Bierce
Most dog owners are at length able to teach themselves to obey their dog. - Robert Morley

iktomi

I don't know if it's the company name or the model name but I recall the knife and the name "Magnum". I'll dig through some old catalogs and see what I can come up with.

------------------
Bill Siegle
was4u@cs.com

Bill Siegle Custom Knives
http://www.geocities.com/siegleknives
Camp and Japanese Styled Knives a Specialty

OK Magnum is the catalog name. It was the 1st of their Magnum Series and had wood handles, brass fittings,and 420 steel. Their phone number off the 94/95 catalog is 1-800-835-6433. It's not shown in the 94/95 catalog so I don't have a pic. Maybe some other packrat has an older catalog? Hope this helps out.

Bill

UGH, 420? Bummer. But that's about what I would have expected, I suppose.

------------------
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. - Ambrose Bierce
Most dog owners are at length able to teach themselves to obey their dog. - Robert Morley

iktomi

I share your thoughts on the 420 but after thinking it over.... maybe it's not too bad for these idiots. It should last the 42 days they're there and I don't think any of these slackers would be up to sharpening ATS34 with a rock
smile.gif
This week 1 of them straps the thing to a stick and goes hunting. Why not just sharpen the stick and not risk the only blade they have? Oh well they only had to fit the demographics not actually have common sense. Take care all!

Haven´t seen the knife, but if it´s the "Magnum" I suspect, it´s one of the knives Böker is marketing under their "Magnum" line. Mostly cheap Taiwan and Chinese knives.
try www.boker.de , maybe you see the knife somewhere on their site.

------------------
"Peace is not without conflict; it is the ability to cope with conflict" - Leo Giron

Back