1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Swamp Muk

Discussion in 'Swamp Rat Knives' started by leatherman, May 17, 2012.

1. Swamp Muk!
    Swamp Muk!
    Swamp Muk!
    Swamp Muk!
    Swamp Muk!
    Swamp Muk!
    Swamp Muk!

2. elof_alv

elof_alv Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 13, 2009
    Muk from the Swamp seems like the perfect product! As long as is made from SR-101(or other steel) and not in semi-liquid state like muck...

3. leatherman

leatherman leathermoderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 30, 2001
    I've used Swamp Rat knives more often for camp and home chores than any other brand I own, I'd love to have a Swamp Muk for hunting and food prep. :)

4. chiral.grolim

chiral.grolim Universal Kydex Sheath Extension Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 2, 2008
    All of my semi-liquid swamp muck is now, well, -35 F :eek: Would a Swamp Muk reach that during the HT-process? I'll need one made and tested, please.

5. leatherman

Nov 30, 2001
    Sounds like you need info on the Chryo process! WOW! I've been through -20+ with wind chills at -40 but I cant imagine -35!!! What kind of freaky wind chills do you get with that??

heh, -20 and you can snap a kydex sheath like a taco. :p

6. leatherman

Nov 30, 2001
    Oh, and cold weather training down here in the "tropics" is it staying below 40 for more than a day. :eek:

7. leatherman

Nov 30, 2001
    Yeppers, a Swamp Muk would be mighty fine this time of year....... :)

Edit: betcha hindsight thought I had finally given up! :D

8. elof_alv

Mar 13, 2009
    The last thread in the BF Swamp?
    Really? :eek:
    We need the Muk!

9. leatherman

Nov 30, 2001
    I'd love to see one, or three in my hands. But three isn't enough. :(

Nearly 250 posts isn't enough either apparently.

so, I guess we need to keep this going, I had honestly lost hope, good to see I'm not the only one wanting one.

10. Noxious Fumes

Noxious Fumes

Sep 7, 2011
    Ok. First the Basic 8. Now this.... You've got my curiosity piqued.

11. elof_alv

Mar 13, 2009
    Back to the top! :D

Swamp Muk for us Rats, it's time!

12. chiral.grolim

chiral.grolim Universal Kydex Sheath Extension Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 2, 2008
    Because bow-season is about to start.

[​IMG]

13. leatherman

Nov 30, 2001
    I fear its falling on deaf ears.

The one Muk that would be to me a true keeper. Bought and sold a bunch.

14. Stump Buster

Stump Buster Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 15, 2007
    I like that one with the oversized "solution " handle and Elmax would be a PERFECT steel for this swamp slicer!

RatMaxMuk!!!!!

15. worldwood

worldwood

Sep 30, 2012
    The RS handle really goes well with this design!!

Looks comfy!

16. Riz!

Riz!

May 5, 2014
    Hell Yeah! That looks perfect

17. trial153

trial153

Mar 9, 2011
    I need a swamp muk!!