Swamp Music

I don't know if any of you know it or not but i fancy myself a musician of sorts. I play guitar and sing as well, nothing big. I do a few open mics here and there and naturally play around camp fires whenever I get the chance. I'm not partial to any genre or style. I just like good music. I have had the pleasure of playing with a lot of different instruments, banjos and fiddles as well as trumpets and saxophones. There is just something about being around the campfire in the swampland at night where all the instruments of nature come to life. Something about the percussion crackling of the fire and the bass of the bullfrog with the symbol-like chirp of the crickets makes me feel like I’m playing live in the swamp at night.

Metallica ...And Justice For All

Still gives me the fizzies. The harmonies and melodies make for a truly special experience. I'll never listen to the CD on shuffle, that would just feel odd and wrong. When I first bought it it was on a cassette tape. I listened to that tape nonstop for months.

I'm CERTAIN that Cliff Burton is responsible for a ton more of that album than he's given credit for for whatever reason. There's been nothing like it since.

I play and sing, but more a porch-picker than anything else anymore.
I still have my electric and a small practice amp, but have not played it in quite some time.
I like to pull out the acoustic and relax, and typically don't subject others to the dissonance.

best

mqqn

I have quite a few guitars but I always like playing acoustic better just because that is what I started with.

Cannot call myself an instrumentalist... but I did sing a lot. Was chorale president and chartered an a cappella group when I was in high school... not that "talent" is mostly relegated to shower or driving times. I was an "operatic baritone"... not I'm barely-a-tone.

Cannot call myself an instrumentalist... but I did sing a lot. Was chorale president and chartered an a cappella group when I was in high school... not that "talent" is mostly relegated to shower or driving times. I was an "operatic baritone"... not I'm barely-a-tone.

I always enjoy it when people sing along with me when i play.

I like to sing solow...so low you can't hear it...and the only thing I can play that makes music is the radio

Back