Swamp Music

Discussion in 'Swamp Rat Knives' started by RATequila, Mar 30, 2020.

1. RATequila

RATequila

Dec 30, 2019
    I don't know if any of you know it or not but i fancy myself a musician of sorts. I play guitar and sing as well, nothing big. I do a few open mics here and there and naturally play around camp fires whenever I get the chance. I'm not partial to any genre or style. I just like good music. I have had the pleasure of playing with a lot of different instruments, banjos and fiddles as well as trumpets and saxophones. There is just something about being around the campfire in the swampland at night where all the instruments of nature come to life. Something about the percussion crackling of the fire and the bass of the bullfrog with the symbol-like chirp of the crickets makes me feel like I’m playing live in the swamp at night.

ironwagon likes this.
  2. Private Klink

Private Klink Gold Member Gold Member

May 30, 2017
    If I tried that they would haul me away in a straight jacket!:eek:.............:D:D

ironwagon likes this.
  3. tinfoil hat timmy

tinfoil hat timmy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Metallica ...And Justice For All

Still gives me the fizzies. The harmonies and melodies make for a truly special experience. I'll never listen to the CD on shuffle, that would just feel odd and wrong. When I first bought it it was on a cassette tape. I listened to that tape nonstop for months.

I'm CERTAIN that Cliff Burton is responsible for a ton more of that album than he's given credit for for whatever reason. There's been nothing like it since.

4. mqqn

mqqn Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2009
    I play and sing, but more a porch-picker than anything else anymore.
    I still have my electric and a small practice amp, but have not played it in quite some time.
    I like to pull out the acoustic and relax, and typically don't subject others to the dissonance.

best

mqqn

5. RATequila

RATequila

Dec 30, 2019
    I have quite a few guitars but I always like playing acoustic better just because that is what I started with.

6. RATequila

RATequila

Dec 30, 2019
    I'm going to be picking and drinking this weekend.... who's with me!!!

7. lmcq784

lmcq784 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Cannot call myself an instrumentalist... but I did sing a lot. Was chorale president and chartered an a cappella group when I was in high school... not that "talent" is mostly relegated to shower or driving times. I was an "operatic baritone"... not I'm barely-a-tone.

PeteyTwoPointOne likes this.
  8. RATequila

RATequila

Dec 30, 2019
    I always enjoy it when people sing along with me when i play.

lmcq784 likes this.
  9. Private Klink

Private Klink Gold Member Gold Member

May 30, 2017
    I save my singing for when I'm riding my mower; nobody can hear me.:D

Crosier likes this.
  10. RATequila

RATequila

Dec 30, 2019
    ^^^ you just think no one can hear you but the mower is listening.

11. tinfoil hat timmy

tinfoil hat timmy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 21, 2014
    My refrigerator talks to me. It tells me I'm too skinny.

12. RATequila

RATequila

Dec 30, 2019

mine talks to me too it tells me when its time to drink Tequila on ice.

tinfoil hat timmy likes this.
  13. RATequila

RATequila

Dec 30, 2019
    I just picked up a new keyboard this week cant wait to start jamming on this.

14. PeteyTwoPointOne

PeteyTwoPointOne Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 10, 2014
    I like to sing solow...so low you can't hear it...and the only thing I can play that makes music is the radio

15. Crosier

Crosier Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Got some Pioneer decks and have been learning how to mix tracks.