Swamp Rat and SYKCO Chat

But Andy if the Swamp came out with that knife you would have to stop buying up every single Ash1 ever made!!!

I've always wondered if the Ratweiler handle would be prone to producing hot spots with extended use. Never held one to know.

Please do get one and review it Chiral!! Your reviews are always so excellent id love to see and hear what you think!! I seen one on the exchange recently that is probably still there... But at the price they costs these days i dont blame anyone for not being able to jump on them. They are worth the price even now IMO, but 300+ is a lot of money for me as well.

If someone sends me a user ratweiler and id be more than willing to do a video comparison. :D

I recently did a couple video reviews for the choppy and Busse hell razor, but i didnt do much hard chopping because the knife was not mine and looked brand new when i got it.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...le-fun-with-a-Busse-Hell-Razor-and-Chopweiler!

I really hope someone does send you a Ratweiler to compare in video :thumbup:
I remember this short thread from not so long ago: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/758297-Love-My-Chopweilers-But
Which includes these images:

DSCF3292.jpg

RWstripped2.jpg

But Andy if the Swamp came out with that knife you would have to stop buying up every single Ash1 ever made!!!
...... a novel concept you have imagined there mate, CLEARLY outsides the bounds of reality...but novel none the less.... ;) :p

The Howling Rat seems perfect for me. Don't own one but I know the size hits a sweet spot.

This. In 2010 I carried a loaner Gen 1 Howling Rat for 400 miles of a 2600 mile hike. After the hike, I bought and sold a HRLM - it just wasn't the same.

Been scouring the forums and eBay for a user Gen 1 Howling Rat ever since. For me, it was nothing fancy but it was the perfect Swamp Rat at the right time.

I really hope someone does send you a Ratweiler to compare in video :thumbup:
I remember this short thread from not so long ago: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/758297-Love-My-Chopweilers-But
Which includes these images:

DSCF3292.jpg

RWstripped2.jpg

Is it just my eyes or does it appear the Choppy has a higher edge line than the Rat does? Looks like the Rat would have a ever so slightly more flexable spine than the Choppy would.

On a side note I really think a well done diff ht looks amazing, such a same the Swamp got away from it now you have to go to the custom world to get a blade with a DHT.

Oh and Andy you never know you may wake up one day and decide you know I don't like the ASH anymore and post all 5672 of yours in the exchange in the worlds largest ASH sell off.

Oh and Andy you never know you may wake up one day and decide you know I don't like the ASH anymore and post all 5672 of yours in the exchange in the worlds largest ASH sell off.
.... yeah, that could happen... and I could also end up naked in a jaccuzi with three or four VS models.... it could happen as well....odds are probably about the same though.... ;)

The Ratweiler's handle looks weird and uncomfortable - until you actually use it. Then you see why they did what they did. I'm sure they went through countless prototype's until they got the final version.

The Ratweiler's handle looks weird and uncomfortable - until you actually use it. Then you see why they did what they did. I'm sure they went through countless prototype's until they got the final version.

This is what I was wondering. There is definitely a method to their madness, ha! I wasn't knocking the ratweiler at all, hope my post didn't come across like that. Hopefully I can put one through the paces one day, but until then I'm going to have to be content with my M9's, luckily they're good company :)

HK, I'd veture a guess that the handle shape was not accidental, after all it stuck for a while...

This. In 2010 I carried a loaner Gen 1 Howling Rat for 400 miles of a 2600 mile hike. After the hike, I bought and sold a HRLM - it just wasn't the same.

Been scouring the forums and eBay for a user Gen 1 Howling Rat ever since. For me, it was nothing fancy but it was the perfect Swamp Rat at the right time.

I remember that! It was good meeting you on your way through the gorge during your trek.

The original Howler sure does make a great impression. Having owned and sold several, I will never be without one again. So much function for so little cost (money, weight, etc). Good luck in your search for one!

INFI Ratmandu. Shorten it an half an inch or an inch, and remove the choil.

SR101 is fine. The absolute perfect Bussekin knife would be the RMD without a choil. But all the Bussekin companies are positively incapable of producing choiless knives.

Back