Swamp Rat and SYKCO Chat

BE, I'm sure Mom was happy but do you think you were over-tooled?
I do love that orange.

What is "over-tooled"?

As I had the rubber boots on and was stomping through the swamp to get the treasures, the safety mutt and accompanying machete actually got more use than you might expect for a wild flower gathering. Briars are b*#ches.

Almost needed some arm floaties too, the creeks are a bit high. Nearly lost the boots in the muck a couple times, and boy that will surprise you when you're in ankle deep water and then the next step is... a little deeper than that. Fun thing about rubber, it also keeps the water in the boot.

Hey Uncle Timbo Uncle Timbo , I forgot to mention that I snuck a peak at the beaver's work and those suckers felled 3 more trees while I've been away from the swamp. It was creek was too high for me to get to the area but the ones I snapped photos of last time, where they eat half-way through and let it stand for a bit, have all been taken down. They really like the young beach trees.

Hey Uncle Timbo Uncle Timbo , I forgot to mention that I snuck a peak at the beaver's work and those suckers felled 3 more trees while I've been away from the swamp. It was creek was too high for me to get to the area but the ones I snapped photos of last time, where they eat half-way through and let it stand for a bit, have all been taken down. They really like the young beach trees.

BE, you oughta write a childrens book about your adventures with Bucko the Beaver and BE lock Infi Choppers. Bucko's Infi teeth and your Infiweiler. Write it for your kid.

Haha, my wife was telling me I needed to do the same hearing me make up 1/2 the book I was reading to my son. I didn't like the flow and my rhymes are better anyway. I've made it a point that any children's book will include the dad in the story of the family, since it seems like all of them are mom and kid or kids. I think I started changing the stories because "we all know daddy's more fun anyway."

The boy may already have a knife collection he doesn't know about... mom sure as heck doesn't either. He may be up to 5 knives already, in progressive sizing and a single folder. Suppose he'll inherit a swamp rat or 3 as well, certainly a ratweiler needs to be in the mix.

If busse ever comes out with a Kephart, might have to slip that one under the wife's nose too.

He sounds like me. Growing up as a young toddler Hillbilly from WV, I think Dad slipped a penknife in my diaper for me. :):poop::)

HK,
I'll check on Ian tommorow, he's an early up and early turn in type...
Andy & PK have shown signs of life in Busse-verse

Hopefully it's a server maintenance when the Chat has been down and nothing else!

I've just been busy with (another) apartment renovation, this one completely unscheduled...

Swamp is back up...
However there is about 3 years worth of posts that are missing

I logged in and made a quick post so Ian would know I'm alive. Man things are way out of whack, and three years of huntin' stories gone. At least Andy's big fallow buck still shows up :D

I used to post up in that forum years ago. Way back when @thatmguy mguy used to say when he was going to be at a local gun show in Columbus, OH. I met him there.

Well a few years back there was about a dozen regulars and about another half that would contribute from time to time.
Now there’s 2 who post about every other day and another 2 who’ll post once a week...
Was plenty livelier when Eric was running the show for the Swamp

Well a few years back there was about a dozen regulars and about another half that would contribute from time to time.
Now there’s 2 who post about every other day and another 2 who’ll post once a week...
Was plenty livelier when Eric was running the show for the Swamp
Man! I forgot about Eric. Where is he now?

I check the actual swamp rat website every once in a blue moon, but it doesnt look like they are doing much any more these days. Only a couple blades for sale. Even the Busse site is low on knives. 2 Busse and 2 swamp rat blades.

Things dont seem as exciting these days LOL. I kind of took a backseat once i felt like the company lied to me. They promised the ratweiler to those of us that put in early orders for the original price, promised free shipping too because of their mistake posting it early, then later went back on their word... Left a foul taste in my mouth. But i miss all the comradery between all of us for sure.

Back